The peak woke thread (Part 1)

That would align with critical race theory.

Says Finley, based on nothing.

1 Like

What would?

Thanks to @flatlandr, we know who ran for the school board of La Mesa-Spring Valley. so do you agree with flatlandr’s guess that:

Again, I’m not ruling this out. Just asking for proof.

White people only give people of color anything when it’s in their own interests.

Here, here’s the La Mesa-Spring Valley School Board.

Board of Education – La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools (lmsvschools.org)

Go ahead, break it down for us.

I don’t know what you want me to break down. I was supporting your position with CRT.

1 Like

Well, thanks.

I’ve been asking for some proof of the following assumptions:

@flatlandr dug up the election outcomes for it, so I was just asking if you interpreted the results of the La Mesa-Spring Valley School District in the same way. I personally have no idea because I have never been to this place, don’t know anyone from there or their backgrounds or way of thinking, and know nothing about these candidates.

How am I supposed to do any of that and why is it my business to do so?

1 Like

Can we agree that maybe she was an “oops!” as a person to be elected to the position she holds, in light of comments she made that foment negative comments by the populace that voted for her?

1 Like

I agree her comments are out of line. I wouldn’t want that on my Board of Ed. Also take note of the school district’s response :

“She behaved in a manner the Board does not condone, nor did her behavior represent our values and our commitments to our students, community, and to each other. We have received many emails and calls of great concern from our families and community members. While we were also disappointed and offended by Trustee Fontenot’s behavior, we were saddened to learn that she has received hateful, racist, and threatening communications as a result.”

“At the district’s special board meeting on Tuesday (2/23), Trustee, Charda Bell-Fontenot, behaved in a manner the Board does not condone, nor did her behavior represent our values and our commitments to our students, community, and to each other. We have received many emails and calls of great concern from our families and community members. While we were also disappointed and offended by Trustee Fontenot’s behavior, we were saddened to learn that she has received hateful, racist, and threatening communications as a result. The school district will continue to forward all hate mail and threatening communications to law enforcement. We want to make it very clear that La Mesa-Spring Valley does not condone any behavior that disparages or bullies anyone. We strongly condemn behavior that is racist, discriminatory or threatens violence of any kind. We must embody our commitment to value and love our students, and our neighbors. In fact, last June, the Board of Trustees released the following equity statement to reaffirm our stand against discrimination and racism in all forms, most especially in our schools”

Mine was impossible, but he’s too thick to see I’m only talking sense.

The saddest part is that the pendulum will likely swing the other way.

1 Like

You’re name calling and talking about other posters instead of making arguments related to the topic.

In what sense? If I had to guess an outcome, its that she won’t be on the School Board for very long.

I don’t trust suburban white people to resist peer pressure.

I thought this was a comment about me, it aint out of line.

Not about you at all. You’re engaging in the topic. It was a reply to TT’s comment above.

What pressure do you feel they are under? This is the assumption being made.

As someone as erudite as you appear to be, this is disingenuous.

1 Like

yes, but you called me a lying racist hypocrite so you have no credibility here.

edit: I’m just saying, when you don’t understand something you should probably let it go. don’t try and pretend you are reasonable when we all know you’re not. feel free to stop quoting things i’ve said that you don’t understand

I am not all that erudite :slight_smile:. I don’t believe you can assume the motivations of anyone that chose her. I think you’re implying those who voted for this woman felt pressure to support her because she’s black and female as a candidate.

If I had to guess anything, it’s that most people didn’t know the candidates very well or much about them when they chose them.

Check out the ballot again: Election Night Results (livevoterturnout.com)

It’s probably one of a bunch of choices on the ballot, people are just ticking off boxes or choosing incumbents, just filling it out etc when it comes to school board elections. There are so many possible explanations.

Sometimes the position is that CRT is an empty chair though, so it is possible that by supporting one position you are in fact weakening the other position. I would go crazy trying to reconcile all these inconsistencies in my mind.