The People’s Republic of Australia/NZ

Not really. The video speaks for itself. Nothing wrong going on there.

It is the made up, deceptive description that was added by that poster.

I’m still of the opinion that the entire thing is a waste of time, and police resources better spent elsewhere. If he was simply not wearing a mask because he didn’t want to, and no medical exemption was made for him, I still think the police response is ridiculous and unnecessary. Crazy, even! :wink:

4 Likes

He was charged with not wearing a fitted face covering, intimidating a police officer in the execution of duty, resisting or hindering a police officer in the execution of duty, and custody of a knife in a public place.

Looks like he didn’t have an exemption, the hospital discharged him after they couldn’t find a medical reason to keep him.

Ladkani was discharged within hours of arriving after doctors couldn’t find any medical reason to keep him, and during a subsequent search of his bag, police allegedly located and seized a flick knife.

One type of police response for a western (low income) suburban Muslim, another altogether for the wealthy white eastern suburbs beach residents. Both maskless :slight_smile:

You’re ok to not wear a mask in Sydney, as long as you’re in the east, and not hanging out in the disadvantaged communities in the west, and not Muslim.

Wear a mask. Especially when you swim:

1 Like

You are seriously quoting the Rebel News as a reliable source of information?

they failed to mention in the article that medical staff inside examined him and found he was perfectly stable and had no evidence of heart disease or condition. And he certainly did not have an exemption.

Ergo, he was faking it. And his family supported him, of course. So who was lying now?

1 Like

For the love of Christ.

Can you not see the sheer ridiculousness of your post?

That’s such a bad look. Mind you Daan Forest Park has gone a bit Bondi these days.

You just need a picnic blanket and a loaf of bread and fuck the old masks.

1 Like

Which of them?

yes

1 Like

It gives me hope that not all Aussies are mindless bootlickers.

Ditto. I just wish to see a lot more of this, though it has largely been this way in the parks around me from the beginning.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I agree. I just mean if the masks are off in the park, if the masks are off on the smokers outside my building, why the duck am I still wearing a mask as I go about my outdoor business.

4 Likes

So what do you think the answer is? There aren’t very many possibilities.

1 Like

Good grief. If there weren’t so many people prepared to pick up a megaphone and a high-vis jacket on behalf of the “authorities”, the world would be a much nicer place.

2 Likes

Looking forward to these Eastern suburbs beachgoers getting the same police treatment as the Muslim guy from Bass Hill.

I won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

There was a thing a while back in France where some Muslim women were harrassed by the police for wearing a face covering on the beach. Now everyone is being harrassed for not wearing a face covering on the beach. It’s really time for people to just tell TPTB to STFU, IMHO. They’ve completely undermined their own legitimacy.

5 Likes

I don’t know about you, but I comply more in Taiwan than I would in the US as I’m a visitor here. I take off my mask when exercising outside, but other than that comply. In the states, I would almost never wear a mask outside and I would push back against anyone who tried to force it (though if on someone else’s private property, I would push back less).

1 Like

Civil disobedience

That would work. But I gather your (rhetorical) question was “why is this happening?” rather than “what’s the solution?”

1 Like