The Philippines Thread

I just thought of starting a thread for my beautiful country. What places have you visited in the Philippines and where do you plan to go to next?

I’d love to go there sometime. There are already some threads about the Philippines here;
[Boracay, Philippines
[Lumiere (Makati, Philippines)
[Cebu
[Treehouse Resort in the Philippines?
[The Philippines
[Philippines?

Is it safe to go there now.

of course it is safe. it has always been. :slight_smile:

loved basco area. would live there if i could.
laoag? not for me. too chinesey.
100 islands- OK.
vigan, nice but it would be better if the gov’t would keep people living in the UN nations heritage houses instead of emptying them out.
manila is a wee too crowded for my liking.

If anybody gives you any trouble, just threaten to cut their head off. They’ll fold like an accordian.

[quote=“skeptic yank”]loved basco area. would live there if I could.
laoag? not for me. too chinesey.
100 islands- OK.
vigan, nice but it would be better if the gov’t would keep people living in the UN nations heritage houses instead of emptying them out.
manila is a wee too crowded for my liking.[/quote]

Where is Basco? never heard of that place before. have you been to Sagada, Banawe and Batanes? Those are the places to go to in the north, otherwise, the best places to go to are in the south. :slight_smile:

I hope everyone will be slightly forgiving as this is my first post/response.

I noticed in a previous thread that there is talk of ‘visa runs’, but they talk of Singapore, Hong Kong, or Malaysia. Why wouldn’t someone consider the Philippines for such a trip?

Or isn’t there a particular reason not to?

Thanks for a great forum so far!

Mindmixer

As much as I would like people to visit the Philippines, I advise friends to avoid going there for visa runs. This is based on personal experience. The TECO in Manila has had a reputation for being unreasonable.

More importantly, the schedule is prohibitive: it takes 5 business days to process a visa. Compare this to same day service in HK, and next day service in Singapore.

Even if you plan to visit the country’s great beaches and mountains (and spend over a week there), I still recommend that you avoid dealing with the the Little Napoleons in the Pacific Star Building.

If their ways have changed for the better, please let us know

[quote=“Mindmixer”]I hope everyone will be slightly forgiving as this is my first post/response.

I noticed in a previous thread that there is talk of ‘visa runs’, but they talk of Singapore, Hong Kong, or Malaysia. Why wouldn’t someone consider the Philippines for such a trip?

Or isn’t there a particular reason not to?

Thanks for a great forum so far!

Mindmixer[/quote]

I agree with Gus. Getting a visa for Taiwan in the Philippines is such a hassle. I wouldn’t recommend it!

I just wanted to know. I’m thinking of going to Taiwan for teaching & import/export possibilities, so I thought I should ask.

Thanks a bunch!