"The poor pity me"/ "woe is me" in Taiwan thread

Yesterday was my birthday. Out of 12 bros and sisters and 5 parents (foster parents DO count thankyouverymuch) only ONE person called or emailed me. That would be my oldest brother. Who could only talk for like 30 seconds :frowning:
Only one of my friends at home remembered.
Even my twin brother didn’t call me to tell me happy bday. (and I KNOW he didn’t forget).
I spent the evening working. Afterwards went to my boyfriend’s office and slept till he got off work. We both came home and passed out.
Today is when we had planned to celebrate. But now he is stuck in the studio trying to finish a cd that is supposed to air on HitFM tomorrow (make sure everyone listens, his music is beautiful) and I don’t get a birthday date.
Between his schedule and mine, we won’t be able to replan until Mid March.
Poorfuckingpity me.

I know it won’t matter next week. But I’m bummmmmmed.

Your turn.

Well at least you got a Happy Birthday thread here. A long time poster here had a birthday last week and he/she didn’t get jack shit.

So quit your whining. :wink:

Who? I will start a late one for him!!!
:heart:
The Happy Birthday thread WAS nice.

That is bad, but I have it worse.

Tomorrow is friggin’ Chinese-family-Chinese-magic-5000years-and-so-you-must-do-what-we-say-no-excuse-day

So me, my mother in law :frowning: , a fat nephew with nervous face spasms from marathon TV-computer game-gameboy-mobilw with games-anything wich makes him nervous, being 10 and having 65 kg, my wife (who drives like the demon of death herself) will go on a 4hr drive to South of Taiwan.

To go to some “priest” or “magician” who can heal my mother in law, my nephew and make my wife get a baby.

Ups :blush: If he tries that I kick his balls, magico or not! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bob 5000yearsTooLongInTaiwan

poooooor me :help:

Been there before OH too many times. BUt last year was nice as a few forumosans(Erhu, Roach, 914, Frost,) came over for breakfast and watched the Oscars with me.

As for family, they have just now started involving themselves in my life. And finnally got a phone call from my step mom who I’ve been calling all the time I’ve been here, and lord can she talk :astonished:

Sorry you’re in the dumps, but I get ya if that makes you feel better! :flowers:

Yeah, well I ended up kissing thin air at Peekaboos the night of your birthday, so pity me first. :fume:

[quote=“SuchAFob”]
Your turn.[/quote]

Right.

Not only do I have to stay in the second worst cesspool in California, that being the city of Fresno, for three days…but also every single hotel in Fresno is a dump. :frowning:

Fresno…damn…that place does suck…damn.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“SuchAFob”]
Your turn.[/quote]

Right.

Not only do I have to stay in the second worst cesspool in California, that being the city of Fresno, for three days…but also every single hotel in Fresno is a dump. :frowning:[/quote]

BUt if you would so kindly bring me back some grits, you wouldn’t have that everlasting ‘poor me’ feeling as it would turn into “Oh great am I” :smiley:

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“SuchAFob”]
Your turn.[/quote]

Right.

Not only do I have to stay in the second worst cesspool in California, that being the city of Fresno, for three days…but also every single hotel in Fresno is a dump. :frowning:[/quote]

BUt if you would so kindly bring me back some grits, you wouldn’t have that everlasting ‘poor me’ feeling as it would turn into “Oh great am I” :smiley:[/quote]

I’ll see what I can do but I’m not sure I can find anything edible in Fresno.

StrayDog:
I was at peekaboo all night. You didn’t say hi.
Then again with all the cold medicine I was on, I might have looked straight through you…
Nama:
That sucks. I am glad you and your family are getting things fixed. My family and I used to be a bit distant but now we are very close.
Also, make that TWO boxes of grits. I want some too. But also, make sure they are Quaker if you get instant.

If you have not tried BOOTSIE’S Seasoned Cheese Grits… you MUST. YUMYUMYUM!!
Shit. There I go being swamp trash again…

Honestly, i think Bob wins…

Honey I cook some mean grits. And love coffee. Too bad he can’t get benyas

:yay:

Benyasssssssss

You sure you aren’t cajun?? You sure you haven’t been hanging out in my brother’s kitchen talking quantun theory over ditry rice?
God I miss my family.
I miss being somewhere where “dirty rice” isn’t actually DIRTY.

Lived in Nawarlin’s for 2 years. You can’t get that place out your system once you’ve lived there. Ya hears me? :laughing:

Well dear, on my birthday in January my wife and I had a car accident. We were hit from behind and the car was totalled. The damage is too great so the insurance company refuses to pay for it. My neck was thrown out of alignment and I have to see a chiropractor three times a week and do exercises for an hour every night and half hour every morning. It wasn’t bothering me so much for the first few weeks but I have headaces almost every day now.

Because of the chiro visits I have had in the past month food poisoning (from a restaurant near his office - an area of town I never go to otherwise) and then bronchitis (which I caught from my chiro). Because of the bronchitis, bad back and neck, and lack of exercise I have been in a foul food for the past month and got into an argument with my manager. As he is a thin-skinned little prick he took it personally and forced me to leave. I really loved the people I was working with (the manager I almost never dealt with) and enjoyed my work. I managed to get transfered to another office before the prick could fire me, so I at least have work, though it is tedious and I really don’t know how long I can stand to do it.

On Wednesday my cats broke an old ceramic Irish whiskey jug I have had since a child and brought to Taiwan because it reminds me of my home and my father and our Irish heritage. Then yesterday my wife told me that she very likely has overian cysts.

Oh, and she’s not talking to me right now. :unamused:

I think I beat you and bob on the poor me scale, though I know it still hurts not to get any phone calls on your birthday and to have to deal with superstitious nonsense. If my my misery makes you both feel better this post was not in vain. :wink:

OMG. Sorry to hear 'bout all that! Hope your wife is ok too…

That sucks so bad it isn’t even funny. Hang in there, mate!

Jesus MM, that sucks.

Don’t slack off the exercises, and get the wife double triple and quadruple checked.

peace brother.

jds

[quote=“jdsmith”]get the wife double triple and quadruple checked.
[/quote]

Very true, she must be serious and viligant about those cysts, as they can be cancerous, not trying to scare you, but to inform. As ovarian cancer is very very difficult to treat. Please take care of yourself. Keep your spirits up and let us know how you are doing. :beer:

Thanks guys. From what I have read most ovarian cysts are not cancerous and the symptoms are different if they are. Still, they can lead to infertility or reduced fertility and hormonal problems. In any case, it is worrying until we find out exactly what she has. Should get some results tomorrow as she goes in for another check.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Who? I will start a late one for him!!!
:heart:
The Happy Birthday thread WAS nice.[/quote]

Me, but I don’t celebrate my birthday; haven’t done for ten years.