The Post-Pelosi Chinese Aggression Thread

Definitely not, but they have a clear practical purpose.

1 Like

I think most people here agree that backing down would have been the wrong play. The question is whether it was wise for a current Speaker of the House to come to Taiwan in the first place.

3 Likes

The US has not been backing down. The US has been squeezing China, like a lot. So much that they moved their fentanyl production to Mexico. There was zero reason for Pelosi to show up here on her maybe goodbye tour.

1 Like

An added bonus: it’s probably her last hurrah. :salute:

1 Like

I still think she’s there to find a Chinese girl with green eyes so she can become immortal.

2 Likes

Still using the old ‘democracy’ line like they have for decades in countless overthrows and interventions.

Happy birthday Mr. Cake!

1 Like
1 Like

Question is: will Taiwan place ships and such within territorial waters in those zones?
I’m going to guess not.
And also going to guess that PLA ships don’t actually enter the waters, that’s just the possible landing area of munitions.

Worth noting that in '96 when they conducted missle tests, the missles weren’t actually armed, and that info was sent to Taiwan ahead of time. Something that led to the execution of a PLA officer who leaked the info.

1 Like

“…would qualify for the UN definition of state aggression.”

But will the UN do anything?

1 Like

Nah cause China can veto anything, and secondly Taiwan isn’t recognized by the UN

The one near xiaoliuqiu is ridiculous. No way they let that fly. Others maybe maybe not but my money is still on not letting them enter sovereign waters.

Finally, he is going to eat himself!

3 Likes

Interesting that Kinmen isn’t included on that map. It’s almost as though China has decided it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Since Forumosa is the only social media I ever interact with these days, I’ll just make my announcement to the world here:

It is a very sad day for democracy and free press when the headlines I’m seeing about this visit are more neutral coming from Breitbart: “Nancy Pelosi Lands in Taiwan, Defies Biden Administration and China” than the BBC: “Pelosi visits Taiwan in defiance of Chinese warnings”. The accompanying articles are also telling: Breitbart seems to be sticking to facts and very taken in context quotes (WHAT? Breitbart sticking to facts and not conspiracies?!) while the BBC is very obviously beating the drums of war.

3 Likes

I hope the world is watching. China is the only instigator here.

3 Likes

Better than the Taiwanese media. I had to turn off the coverage after a few minutes. Wow! She wore pink because she knew it would be more clear to see at night! She’s wearing a mask! So touching, welcome! I wonder if she will have the chance to try 豆漿 and 油條 for breakfast tomorrow. :nauseated_face:

Rubbish local media fluff.

6 Likes

Were you also watching the live stream that was posted up thread? I watched it until she arrived at the hotel but yeah, it was like sitting at a barbershop listening to a bunch of old guys talking out of the arses. I kind of wished my Chinese wasn’t as good as it is so I wouldn’t have to understand everything they were saying…

4 Likes

6 Likes

I watched the live stream posted in this thread. I couldn’t take it for long. The female announcer was beside herself with joy and adoration, interrupting the “guest expert” because they were getting a clearer shot of Nancy hobbling down the stairs. The tools on the live airport video were equally embarrassing. “I see the American flag.” Etc.

4 Likes