The Post-Pelosi Chinese Aggression Thread

I doubt it. CCP is very good at brainwashin. With their technology and control, it would be Xinjiang again with re education camps. Millions of Chinese would be moved to Taiwan, and millions of Taiwanese would be forced moved into China. Probably they would double the pay for semiconductor engineers. Give 10 years under CCP Taiwan is going to be culturally and politically just another province

1 Like

Do you notice a pattern of EX officials being on taiwans side. And yet, when they were in power it was little more than crickets? Some random lip service, the odd face saving sailings through the strait. but nothing meaningful at all in any sense. this is the hypocrisy we speak of when we discuss the USA (and most countries, to be fair).

Actions speak louder than words. Always.

AKA. thanks for nothin Bush…

That’s what US politicians do. It’s so common that it’s a given. Westerners don’t do shit for nothing…u have to give them something in return. Shit, they won’t even talk to their own blood unless there’s something to gain.

references from each please. Ones that literally spell out clearly, in detail, about this mysterious “support for taiwan” people keep speaking of. President Biden has said this a couple times only to be IMMEDIATELY back tracked by his administration. LOL?

So far, lip service. And as disgusting as Pelosi is, she has come here at least. not much, but a baby step. What has NATO done? Not said, but DONE?

not just western… this is the issue.

will the real democratic supporter please stand up (done in a shitty quality eminem freestyle)

1 Like

Since I’ve been here, i think 5 different NATO navies have had ships sail through the strait

Che Guevara?

So, nothing…

sailing through waters does nothing in any way shape or form on paper. just more lip service. China has sailed and flown through here probably 1000 times, nothing has changed. at least the chinese are clear on their intentions and put it in writing.

1 Like

I disagree. So do the Chinese. So do the allies that keep doing it.

Nothing would be to not do it. That would be cheaper and easier and would suit the Chinese just fine

That’s where u are wrong dude. The Chinese have been getting stronger by the day in both militarily and economically.

Nope, I’m right. Perhaps you just dont understand the discussion?

That’s true, I never said otherwise. Not dieectly relevant, but thanks for the common knkwledge update. Any other breaking news? Did you know they eat a lot of rice over there?

Not enough, to be sure. But again, not what we were talking about. Maybe you responded to the wrong person? I guess you’re new, so sometimes you mught hit the wrong buttons…

fair enough. but it means nothing officially. it is showing presence. what is done on paper, anywhere? me walking down the road shows my presence, temporarily, it does not deter any threats to the properties on said road.

I get your point, and agree it is nice they come play tourist sometimes. like pelosi. it is a gain, not a loss. but, it is not enough and is nearly meaningless because they commit to nothing. Hence my opinion above of finding it ironic and/or hypocritical to keep spouting about ones tireless efforts for peace, human rights, democracy blah blah and when it comes to brass tracks they wont even hint at anything real, on paper, because they love sucking the slavery teet too much .

I find it disgusting how overtly hypocritical “they” are. even when they have every opportunity to do the right things, before it is too late. but no. cheap labor is key. gotta keep those bags at $0.99 at Walmart. it’s just too slimy to respect.

1 Like

You mean like the UNCLOS? I think the FONOPs are a better way to deter the PLA navy from making the entire straight a Chinese lake. If you disagree, ask some Filipinos

And i get that you would like to see more, but there are limits to how hard the allies can push, as we have seen with the response to Pelosi’s visit. Escalation begets escalation

The weapons they sell Taiwan are real. Again, there is only so much escalation that can be done without triggering a war that nobody wants

It is a shame the decoupling didnt begin sooner, but it is happening now. Lots of us were happy to buy cheap stuff for years without thinking about it. As production is offshored from China to other countries, the dangerous flipside is losing that economic lever to prevent anything from happening

I see this too, but I also see governments/administrations getting progressively more pro-Taiwan as well if I look at the last 30-odd years.

30-20 years ago they’re basically hushing Taiwan to shaddaaappp so they don’t ruin their precious trade relationship with China…

Today? High level visits. Visits by MPs. weapons being sold. Greater awareness by the public. Greater public support. and more!

We would’ve killed for this level of support 10 years ago in the Ma days.

In 2016, with the disappearing recognition, we thought that was the end and the trend was against us.

The trend is now in favour of us.

A US presidential candidate said the R word! Recognition!

A Canadian party leader talked about increasing support for Taiwan in an election campaign!

1 Like

Yeah but Ma was pimping out TW soldiers and spies to the CCP 10 years ago, so I’m not sure he was going to appreciate the international “interference”

1 Like

Maybe, but you get my point. President Chen didn’t have this level of support. Remember how much gloomier it was back then. Don’t let yourself be memory-holed. We’re on a good path towards the recognition Taiwan deserves!

2 Likes

Sure, I understand that and can even mostly agree with your points.

To word my thoughts differently.

escalation is bad. all agree. Pelosi visit isnt an escalation. one can argue intent. but really, a nation visiting another is not an escalation. this is paramount to moving forward. if any escalation happens, this is on the PRC. in this situation.

I argue doing more in the sense of pen pushing, not missile firing. Nations as well as allies organizations can easily, and without force, move towards including taiwans and even recognizing Taiwan as a country. If no gun shops or nuke birds are going through the straight to say this, it is just paperwork and presentations stating as such. what can be done by the CCP is their usually economic threats, which is how they often bully “strong countries”…meaning countries with a seat at the table.

what cant happen, if countries recognize Taiwan asa country, is china doing missile tests towards them near their lands. this is so simple and easy and without risk it hurts. what will hurt is Taiwan, because the CCP will punish us for other accepting us. Which they already do. In this sense the short term pain of them doing their sabre rattling is beyond worth a future of being respected internationally and having support globally. the fact everyone lacks the sack to do even this bare minimum is quite discouraging.

the worrisome part is instead of doing these easy, safe and simple measures sooner rather than later is that the world is actually finding the CCP/PLA war machine to keep growing stronger to the point that waiting for a couple more decades may literally be too late.

It isnt so much I want the world to do more so much as I am confused why they could possibly be doing so little toward achieving a goal they usually tout as their core. If they just want to be [temporarily] rich and have china take over, regardless of costs to the world, then just be honest about it.

1 Like

Ma even got to meet Xi Jinping.

Yet he sort of accepted Pelosi’s visit. But today he warned people not to rely on US. Netizens replied with this:

Picture of all his family members in the US.

1 Like