The power of one

Ha ha, I hope you are married dude?

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]
She could find a man in two seconds. She needs to lower her standards or STFU.[/quote]

Advice which is true for anyone with a vagina. What’s your point?

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]
She could find a man in two seconds. She needs to lower her standards or STFU.[/quote]

Advice which is true for anyone with a vagina. What’s your point?[/quote]

Buttercup this isn’t true, I’ve had lots of vaginas but I’ve never had a man!

You ARE a vagina. Hahahahaha!

[quote=“Buttercup”]

I don’t want to hear some sob story story about this poor career woman who is an ‘educated outcast’.
I don’t want to hear some ‘damned if we do damned if we don’t’ reverse misogyny crap spewed from women who made their own decisions in life.

It’s not like daddy sold her to a ShenZhen KTV, forcing her to spend her twenties and thirties fornicating with traveling businessmen.

She followed a career path, and male or female there are social sacrifices to make when one does that.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“Buttercup”]

I don’t want to hear some sob story story about this poor career woman who is an ‘educated outcast’.
I don’t want to hear some ‘damned if we do damned if we don’t’ reverse misogyny crap spewed from women who made their own decisions in life.

It’s not like daddy sold her to a Shenzhen KTV, forcing her to spend her twenties and thirties fornicating with traveling businessmen.

She followed a career path, and male or female there are social sacrifices to make when one does that.[/quote]

Dude some advice then, don’t read any thread started by certain individuals. If you aren’t sure who they are then start a thread called, which threads should I avoid.

OK?

Well, you have to go to Thailand, for the ‘reverse misogyny’, young traveller…

Suck it up. I don’t care about your feelings. Sexism works both ways, and not all women are ready to say ‘Ah! The oppression’s OVER! Now we can be equal.’ Some women want to bite back. Take it or leave it.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]

Dude some advice then, don’t read any thread started by certain individuals. If you aren’t sure who they are then start a thread called, which threads should I avoid.

OK?[/quote]
Once upon an afternoon dreary, while I pondered China’s weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts and lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a poster’s annoying tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my forum and thread door.
'Tis some shit poster,' I muttered, tapping at my thread door -
Only this, and nothing more.’

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the forum.
Eagerly I wished the thread; - vainly I had sought to read
From my posts surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

Aw, honey, you’re BACK!

…and I foolishly thought this was a thread about masturbation. More fool me, huh?

My wife was 3s (single, slim and sweet) and 40 when we got married (as was I), so it does happen. She just had to wait a long time for the right guy to come along.

How old was she when she met him?

I don’t know, I’ve never met him myself. I have a sneaking suspicion it might be her yoga teacher.

I turned down a job offer today. It was worth well over NT$150,000 a month – part time – but it would have entailed frequent travel overseas for long periods each time. My kid’s 8 weeks old. I figured watching the little fucker grow up to be an eloquent and intelligent wee cunt like me is worth far more than NT$150k for helping some bunch of schmucks sell some basically worthless shite to some other schmucks. That’s my choice. This dame decided the schmucks were more important. To each their own.

sands, you got the offer because you are established and well-respected enough in your career. That doesn’t often happen to 20 somethings.

Also, for you to have a baby doesn’t involve the actual gestation, giving birth to and feeding/nursing of the child. You can work and have children.

Not to detract from your action, but it’s not the same choice. An older white guy in Taiwan has different economic/family choices available than a young Chinese woman does. It’s a fallacy that women choose family or career. They choose both; it just rarely works out to their advantage.

Twenties and thirties? What part of the planet are you from? More like her tweens and teens. By the time she’s in her twenties (if she makes it), she’ll be scrubbing the dirty sheets over the gully trap out the back. Get with the exploitation program.

Look, it’s simple. Men have for - well, practically all of recorded human existence - been used to marrying women of lower social status, with lower incomes, and less education. It’s no big deal for men to “marry down”. No one bats an eye, men have been doing this for ages. But now with the rise of modern feminism, women (at least in North America and Europe) have achieved levels of education surpassing their male peers and are catching up income-wise with their male peers. Now, logically, it would seem that looking at the numbers, a great deal of women are going to have to “marry down”, or get no man at all. The problem is that many women stubbornly refuse to do that. A man has to make more money and be taller and more educated than her. Well, I’m sorry, but in this case the lonely modern career woman gets the lonliness she deserves. There are plenty of nice guys she could date if she weren’t such a snob.

(From the article) Could this be possible?
I assumed there would be an excess of single males in the cities.

“A nationwide survey conducted by Shanghai Municipal Statistics Bureau in 2007 suggested that more than 60 percent of the 500,000 single people aged 30 to 50 in Beijing are women. In Guangzhou, the proportion is 70 percent.”

Good for you. :bravo:

I hope I’m still around in 18 years when a bunch of us can still do some mischief.

mis- chief

[quote=“Buttercup”]It’s idiocy to not have your own career if you have children. 50% of marriages end in divorce and though probably most of them happen to bitches with jobs. You can’t support your kids, you have to stay with a guy and take whatever he dishes out, as my Taiwanese friends in their late 30s are finding out. Hardly makes you much of a role model for your children.

In today’s society, we need to spend our twenties studying and working, not trawling for a maaan. If it happens by accident, great, but it often doesn’t. Paying the rent comes first.

She is lucky. She’s smart and accomplished enough to have a choice, anyway. You don’t see articles about women who are forced to take care of half their families by cleaning, working in factories, etc, and don’t get time to go and find a maaan, etc.These are the true stars. Articles like this make out that women are offered the choice of two golden envelopes when they are 21

1. Motherhood and a loving husband who will still give a shit when you are 45 and pay for everything! Family! Loooove! (but everyone will think you are a lazy ugly parasite!)

2. Money, beauty, power, casual sex! Fulfilling life of hot shoes, travel, Trump-like biznis success! (But everyone will think you are an uppity, selfish bitch!)

It’s a bit different. Most women get stuck with a much less glossy version of both. Reject it all and make your own life, I say.[/quote]

I think it’s largely a matter of socio-economic class. Being poor sucks, period. The dirt poor men in the world do extremely dangerous jobs, with no safety net (literal or metaphorical) if they fall.

Middle class men do some mind-numbing office job putting up with an annoying boss, and have to commute long distances to do so.

Anyway, I’m in the middle on this issue. It’s one thing for men to say, “women can make their choices”, which may be true, but the ultimate effect of that, as we’re seeing in the developed world, is falling birth-rates. One of my Taiwanese co-workers (who is in his early to mid-thirties) was desperately lamenting to me earlier this year that his wife (who is also in her early to mid-thirties) doesn’t want to have children because she’s too concerned about her career. Things may change for her, or maybe she will give in and give him one child, but I can’t see him getting a second.

In purely practical terms, it’s not enough to just say that we’re right, and that modern women have a sense of entitlement. Even if they do, that still doesn’t help the cause of many men (especially in the West) who want to have children.

Damn, that must be some type of Biblical [bleep] or she’s fooled the media. Where’s da link? :wink:

[quote]Nama I’m more interested in why you feel you need to find an educated BLACK man to marry and have kids with? Given the stereotypes that you hit on wouldn’t a white or Asian guy be a better catch?[/quote]Hmm, I’ve yet to meet an Asian or white guy who can deal with a strong independent black woman. Find me one who’s comfortable with it, and I’ll dwell on it.

[quote]For those who haven’t met Nama don’t be fooled by the late 30’s comment or the self depreciating comments - she is HOT! This is a smart, well educated, traveled, attractive girl - don;t we have any hot forumosan guys looking to settle down?[/quote] Check’s in the mail. :laughing: