The problem with removing posts

This causes discord. It’s so much better to stick them in temp, so people can gain an understanding about what’s going on.

It depends on the content. Sometimes posts are removed exactly because of their potential to cause discord. Keeping them in public view in Temp would defeat the purpose of their removal and so we don’t do so, even though it might cause some confusion (though I don’t think that’s a major problem in most cases by far.)

2 Likes

rocket the racoon gets deleted a lot. if the intent is to be funny what is the problem?

i see what you do, but, are you also censoring having a sense of humor?

1 Like

I was just feeling grumpy because a post I felt was amusing at the time disappeared into the ether. Not a biggy. I’d have preferred temp.

1 Like

If a post is outright removed from public view, it’s because it’s going to create an unwanted situation in some way, perhaps personal argument or offense to a group of people. In that case any humorous intent–something that can be hard to gauge at times as well–comes second. Sometimes humorous posts might be split off to Temp if they’re starting to dominate a thread. That depends somewhat on the individual mod and to my way of thinking the informational value of the thread. You’ll find lots of humor in threads if you look, and I would say that no, we don’t censor humor.

1 Like

Banning, deleting, chopping stuff up cos it comes from certain posters or is a bit more risque than where is the best steak restaurant.

Par for the course hence won’t be getting any decent
content from me ever again.

Also post away endless threads about Trump or North America or sunfing…That okay.

BORING.

But okay

1 Like

In general, if one post is taken out of view, direct responses will too. The reason for the initial split should usually be pretty apparent. From my perspective it’s normally not worth resplitting stuff that’s not wanted and stuff that doesn’t make sense without it really but would be OK in Temp, and editing it to remove quoted material etc.

Well, if you only give us indecent content, what are we supposed to do? :idunno:

Without the indecent content you wouldn’t be where you are today.

Seriously I would have deleted all my stuff if I could get access to my old account.
Dont chop up my posts but then keep my popular threads like the air pollution one.

Cheeky

And rocket is a stand-up raccoon

If you can’t have a senSe of humour with his posts.

Well can always get a prescription for 'dry balls cream ’ at the local GP,.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Where would the rose be without its thorn? :rose:

You know, one of these days even indecency is going to be automated.

@discobot quote

Where would be without the creatives, content creators and do no good rascals.

Dying slow death forumosa 2017 :slight_smile:

You’ve got.whar, four female posters now. I think they cotton on more quickly that Trump posts are…

BORING

Oh no, what’s happening? I said @discobot quote!!

:left_speech_bubble: Myths which are believed in tend to become true. — George Orwell

1 Like

Like the myths of Toesave

Turning four female posters into four hundred lol.

Okay, the indecency part will take a while. We still need you! :heart:

We don’t want it, and that goes for anyone, even posters like yourself who have undoubtedly contributed a lot here. Losing such posters doesn’t help us in anyway, but if you feel that a site where you can’t do things like make personal attacks after being asked not to repeatedly isn’t the place for you, then it just isn’t. It is what it is

3 Likes

You let some random folks register and post solely with the purpose of attacks on long terms posters becauSe of their ethnic backgrounds.

I shouted back.

Then get banned.
You then deleted their posts so nobody can see what happened.

You want to think about that.

You’ve lost a LOT of content creators.

Ever wonder why?

No I don’t need to think about it. We don’t allow personal attacks. You got asked recently not to make them regardless of the reason, a message which you didn’t even see it necessary to respond to. You then soon make another personal attack, based on some perceived reason like that above, so you got suspended. If things like that cause us to lose content, there’s nothing I can do about it from my point of view. You might want to get in touch with @gooseegg to see how he feels about it, that’s your recourse here.

1 Like