The problem with removing posts

You do allow attacks though you are just hiding behind mealy mouthed platitudes.

Then when we attack the random troll back (guy signed up just to attack foreigners and white people ) you ban my stuff and delete it.

You also deleted their attacks so now there is no context to go back to argue the case.

Worse you’ve no sense of humour with folks like Rocket.

Do me a favour and delete my air pollution thread top hit on Google for air pollution and Taiwan.

We can still see posts after deleting them, so we know the context.

We don’t ask you to fight fire with fire. We ask you to call the fire department (us).

Worse you’ve no sense of humour with folks like Rocket.

Of course we do, but being a comedian doesn’t make anyone a certified pyrotechnician.

1 Like

amen

Its possibly not the best job in the world…Being a moderator. God knows I actually turned it down so (I like to get paid).

But banning people and deleting and chopping stuff up …You won’t get anything from them again. I mean you’ll get the tit for the tat. That’s about it.

but thats the prickly 2/3 of a “country” “irish” man what about the racoon?

I’m not sure what you mean. It would depend on the specific post and what the reason was. If you’re saying that anyone is being singled out in some way, I don’t think so but I welcome hearing why you think so.

just kidding post whiskey to be honest. but it did occur to me that ireland as a country does not exist and that rocket gets deleted a lot.

and also that brian jones is prickly :wink:

1 Like

@Brianjones is a good c*nt in my book. I wasn’t aware his old profile was banned. Hope he sticks around, fwiw.

It was never banned I lost my access on switchover.
Only with this one have I reached such dizzy heights.

Mmm, yes, I had a post deleted and I’ve only just joined really. It was an attempt at mild levity. Seems like this place is aimed at timid old ladies.

Although i’ve not 100% agree with the moding on here at times, overall you learn to form your own relationship with the mods. The anonymity of the internet can get problematic to nasty real quick to the flow of things on here, especially for some of us that stick around. I think after a while posting, most mods get used to your posts and give you more leeway and benefit of the doubt. It’s just a bit harder to tell with newer members as i’ve seen people sign up and just be a cancer to the forum from day one.

Everyone’s here for different reasons, and the forum has had it’s ups and downs with people coming and going. With times of high tension between people to things being slow and static. Different things add to it like one bad argument in a thread, big political events, etc. But things usually reach a equilibrium of a sort. Posters get used to each other and learn to get alone even if they completely disagree with each other. But overall, for someone who also gets posts remove often, I’m fine with the modding in general.

5 Likes