The quote system

I just discovered that you can edit the quotes that other people have made and therefore “misquote” someone in your own post.

Is this fair??? I had some fun with it at Sandman’s expense but I can see how this could be used for EVIL :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Can you imagine how confusing a thread could get it everyone did this. Is there anyway to make sure that any quote made is not changed?

[quote=“bassman”]I just discovered S&M

Is this fair??? I had some fun with it with Sandman but I can see how this could be EVIL :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Can you imagine how confused I am. Does everyone do this? Is there anyway to change me?[/quote]

What’s the problem?

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: See my point??? :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp:

baobao wrote:

[quote]I just discovered S&M

Is this fair??? I had some fun with it with Sandman but I can see how this could be EVIL

Can you imagine how confused I am. Does everyone do this? Is there anyway to change me?[/quote]

And you can do it this way too. :smiling_imp:
With this system you all become my little marionettes :smiling_imp:

Damn! I THOUGHT I felt a little sore when I woke up. You guys are sick, I tell you. Sick!

Can you see how this could be a problem. Pretty soon we’ll all be quoted all over the place as a sicko. :laughing:

Please keep that kiss for another more deserving. :blush:

I have to admire baobao though, his/her quote change was awesome, I only wish I had thought of it myself.

Chill out. It can be a problem, but on the more serious topics, noone in their right mind would change the quotes. Costs you a lot of credibility.

some people don’t care about credibility and would love to destroy the flow of a thread but resorting to such childish behaviour in a serious discussion. Oh wait… I did it to Sandman already… don’t quote me on that… and “it” means misquoted him. Just for fun, well his original quote was kinda funny anyway. But it did raise some issues to me as I know I have been quoted out of context a few times and don’t want this to happen in a serious discussion being taken over by some moron with creative writting skills.

:smiling_imp:

Ok, I agree. Not to the quote, I just improved upon, but to your original post. However, I often delete parts of a quote, so only 1-2 sentences are left. That may be quoting out of context, but it allows me to direct attention to the thing, which caught my eye. That functionality should be preserved somehow, if possible. Malocoiusly change other peoples opinions, so you can rant a bit for fun should of course be impossible.

Drop your panties, Sir William, I cannot wait 'til lunchtime.[/quote]

Golly !

Hexuan wrote: [quote]

Drop your panties, Sir William, I cannot wait 'til lunchtime.

Golly ! I was raised in the private school system and quite frankly the thought expressed in the above quote has got me more than a little excited. Tally ho boys and wait for me. Brings back great memories[/quote]

You guys are sick :wink:[/b]

Well I’m off to the beach to build sandcastles with Roger and Cyril. Toodle-pip !

Big Gay Al