The Retarded News - a facepalm

Um, I don’t think “monk” means what they think it does.

2 Likes

You read the whole article?

That article was hilarious :laughing:

Yes. I’ve already booked a spot at the next retreat. :wink:

1 Like

Horseshoe theory doesn’t stretch that far.

“But that’s when democrats were republicans and republicans were democrats so when he said he was dealing with democrats he was dealing with republicans” is the predictable response to everything related to race and politics from the past.

21st of June:

Before a vote for the standard current year:“We need to raise taxes to save the world” meme, Republicans stated they were going to obstruct the vote. The Dems added in the bill an emergency clause (why? what’s the emergency?), which means once voted in by the 18-12 Democratic majority and signed by the governor the bill would pass immediately and deny any chance for a referendum (oh that’s why it has an emergency clause). The Oregon Governor threatened to use the police to force the Republicans back to their place and vote.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article231826048.html

Republicans went to Idaho and the vote couldn’t pass because there were not enough people.

Today:

There’s quite a lot of butthurt in the news regarding this, they should do this kind of walkout + militia protection more often!

Many states in the western US are being affected by the mass exodus of Californians, who are leaving California for any number of reasons. This exodus has been taking place for more than a decade now.

Oregon has always dealt with a stark divide between its coastal population (libs) and those who live inland, off the coast. The California exodus has threatened the detente in Oregon as well as impacted the politics in lots of other western states (e.g., Washington, Colorado, Texas).

Even deep-red Utah and Idaho have trended bluer in recent years. Idaho seems the least receptive of all western states (so far). So this is encouraging!

Vote non-stop for the Democrats for ages → “Hey this place sucks, let’s move to another state” → keeps voting Democrats

8a2

Yeah, they do not adjust well to local communities. Of course the political and legal systems exist for the use of all citizens, but many migrating Californians insist on making wherever they end up become like “California in the good old days, before the politicians in Sacramento screwed things up.” They’re famous for their anti-2A stances and their support for new taxes wherever they end up.

My mother’s sister and her husband (my aunt and uncle) left Santa Barbara for inland Oregon in the mid-1970s because they thought the state was being ruined by Democrats in Sacramento. They had originally migrated to California from the midwest just after WWII; there my uncle became a carpenter and my aunt a pro bowler. Many other midwesterners migrated to California in the dustbowl 1930s and, like my aunt and uncle, during the post-war boom years. Now that mass migration seems to be reversing course.

I think that’s a trend that is happening everywhere in the Us.

I mean:

It won’t take long before Texas becomes blue, which wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t basically guaranteed that a blue Texas governor would open the floodgates to welfare migrants and turn Texas into Cali 2.0, and Houston into a Chicago 2.0. Not that I have a good solution for it, though. The electoral college system tries to prevent metropolis-abuse on a national scale, but it seems like on a state-scale it’s much harder to prevent demographic abuse.

I doubt that will matter too much for me anyway, as if I ever won the lottery I’d retire somewhere in the middle of nowhere in one of the Dakotas, Idaho, Montana or thereabouts.

That’s a Raymond Carver story.

Yeah, it pretty much was.

My younger brother and I used to visit them in Santa Barbara for two weeks every summer, up until I was eleven or so. It was a great time for us, and we both grew to love California. I learned to bowl thanks to my aunt, and I learned to whittle thanks to my uncle. Great times, long gone now.

1 Like

Bah. Pass them down!

I watch my 20 year old fish, break a line, and redo his line with a fresh swivel and hook in two minutes and feel PRIDE. And he can stack and start a man sized campfire in minutes. Fathering accomplished. :banana:

1 Like

Speaking of California, Victor Davis Hanson argues that the repeal of Prop 187 was the state’s undoing.

In fact, one could argue that California has been headed downhill ever since it allowed citizen referendums to become law in the kind of direct democracy Democrats insist the nation needs more of by shedding the Electoral College.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZRO4RueHI&

Not getting the joke…

Jason LeMiere is a poster child for abortion.

1 Like

Buddha on a f’ing bike. I’m going to watch Idiocracy again and try to forget it’s now a documentary, not a comedy.

1 Like

About as dark as comedy can get imo. (I was prepared for the shock by learning that Yale supposedly has added kotex dispensers to its public restrooms for men.)

It’s like, ok, now which US constituency is it that ignores science?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgYdPlKpEU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvWVC6fLjHo&feature=youtu.be

ABC stole the footage of a shooting range to show the horrors of war in Syria. lmao

2 Likes

Holy crap.