The Don's Deleterious Monkey Wrench Thread

Others have noted Bill Barr had no real jurisdiction over individual States, Margo Cleveland made this point in another article.

But what Barr didn’t investigate—and indeed shouldn’t have investigated—were the many violations of state election law highlighted by Trump’s legal team in their lawsuits challenging the election results. For instance, in Georgia, the state election code requires residents to “vote in the county in which they reside, unless they changed their residence within 30 days of the election” and “outside of the 30-day grace period, if people vote in a county in which they no longer reside, ‘their vote in that county would be illegal.’”

The Jan 6th committee is an affront to all those who believe democracies have fair representation for those being accused and for those making the accusation, a composition entirely consisting of rabid frothing at the mouth lost their minds deranged to the point of lunacy people who detest the former president is the antithesis of what we believe in a just and fair society. It’s more resembles a fascist like politburo.

Cheer them on all you want.

The establishment won, and what the establishment wants it pretty much always gets every time and if you think the establishment plays fair and square, stay tuned because I will show again and again who they really are.

We can all accept Joe Biden is the President and nothing will change that reality. What we do not have to accept is that we need to exist in a false reality.

Am I cheering? Are you? I’m not. Maybe you should stop.

I am half paying attention, kind of curious to see if the DOJ charge him with something, kind of anti climatic to this scripted dog and pony show if they don’t. Bring on the SWAT teams and clue CNN in so they can handcuff him and drag him off to jail at 5am Roger Stone style.

I seriously doubt they have enough to go after Trump. Trump is a go around man. He asks one guy, doesn’t get what he wants, so asks another, who is closer to what he wants. Then he returns to guy #1 and says, see guy #2 thinks it’s a good plan, how do you feel about it now?

That leaves Eastman and Rudy to take the fall.

I didn’t like it, but said, let Trump has his legal recourse. His entire NYC history suggested he wouldn’t walk away easily. What false reality? The GOP stupidly, like massive stupidity, the biggest of all time, didn’t think republicans and fence sitters would want to sit home, and mail in a vote. Well, they did. The Dems tweaked some rules and got away with it due to the plague, so well played on their part.

Trump’s “fake” electors? Bah. They were all contingent upon a positive result in court.

But all in all, yes, you are right. The swamp won. Could it ever have been different? *

*One whole Flobovian dollar for the band and song I stole that lyric from, in the same vein as stealing the election.

We should have mail in/early voting. Had it for years in my state…still no fraud. I very much enjoyed dropping off my ballot whenever I damn well please. You should worry about getting more people to vote for you rather than limiting those who can.

2 Likes

Yeah, of all the “GOP is shutting down your right to vote” talk, the not going along with the mail ins ballots for 2020 seems largely ignored. I still get them, and I’m fine with sending them in from home.

I can send them in or I can drop them off. Haven’t had to line up for an election in a decade.

Higher overall turnout favors democrats so it makes sense why they would oppose it.

Well as it turns out a lot of republicans decided to vote for the first time too. The GOP missed the opportunity.

We’ll see if either party can keep n00bs engaged. Could be a one off.

Oh no, when it was clear that the courts weren’t going to take the matter, the Trump team took their case to all those legislatures, presenting hours of evidence that was specific to their respective state. The legislatures were so impressed by the hearings that they voted to send a dual slate. Naturally, if the courts had decided in Trump’s favor, the dual slates would be useful for that as well. But those votes were going to be challenged when presented in Congress despite the Supreme Court, and the Democrats knew what was coming and preempted the proceedings by setting up the Jan 6 riot. After which, no-one was in the mood to challenge the results anymore.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So I take it you wouldn’t be on the side of “Team Normal”?

1 Like

I still wonder why online voting isn’t an option. One Social Security number, one vote. Go online and input your Social Security number and password afterwards to check your vote was counted correctly. I mean, if you can do all your banking online and there’s no voter fraud out there you should be able to vote online. I don’t get it.

1 Like

Should be very possible and very easy to do, in Taiwan we have health cards all an issuing authority would need to do is provide everyone a public key for encryption purposes and validation, everything beyond there would be details but it would be very easy to do, very secure and very possible to verify the results.

The health cards are already used for tax purposes, I suspect the design they have no is not secure enough though.

1 Like

A lot of places don’t particularly want to make voting easier.

1 Like

I think the problem with online voting is it might give people the wrong idea. For example: ‘hey, if I can vote for middlemen online why can’t I just cut them out and vote for things I want directly?’

Things could get out of hand quickly and I think the ruling class knows it.

1 Like

Boatymcboatface

1 Like

Considering how many local governments lose millions in ransom to hackers I don’t think online would be so safe and secure. As with most things in the US, each state, district, county would have their own system leading to one giant cobbled mess.

Right. So let’s mail in our votes like the Unabomber and not require picture id’s when voting in person.

1 Like

Computers are not secure, you build the security into the card reader (on one end, like the card readers we use for tax purposes and taxes) and design it in such a way the cryptographic boundary makes it impossible to access the keys from the computer.