The ROC government stole my words

I was doing some research on Taiwanese martial arts just now. I happened upon a most interesting and infuriating thing. The Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.
at this site
tro-taiwan.roc.org.uk/dc/nsl112003r.htm#top

took it upon themselves to fucking steal one of my articles, hack it up, slap it on their website (without my name of course) and without paying me a dime.

I get fed up with the cunts running the ROC government doing shit like this. They (the ROC government) is quick to kiss AIT and AmCham’s ass, telling them IPR rights are taken seriously then in a heartbeat turning around and simply stealing my intellectual property. This by the way is not the first time I have seen “Brian words” stolen and slapped on some stinking Taiwanese government website. This time just happened to be the straw that causes me to go into a cyber-fury.

And I will write a hot little note to all concerned.

Yours in stolen words,
Furious Brian
p.s. here is my gentle little missive to them:

tro@taiwan-tro.uk.net

Dear Taipei Representative Office in the U.K,
The article on this page of your website
tro-taiwan.roc.org.uk/dc/nsl112003r.htm#top
was written by me. I do not appreciate your theft of my intellectual property. You do not have my permission to take my article, hack it up and slap it on your website without my permission or any payment to me. The ROC government makes a big show of how IPR rights are taken seriously then I turn around and see my words stolen by your government agency.

Remove the article immediately.
Brian L. Kennedy
Attorney at Law (USA) and member of the Executive Yuan

You foreigners just don’t understand Taiwan culture. You should be flattered that they used your words.

Just kidding of course. That is bullshit. Not the least bit surprising, but bullshit nonetheless. I’m glad you’re writing them a harsh letter and wish you an immediate and successful response. Keep us posted.

Pathetic! I bet it didn’t even occur to them that they might be doing something unethical when they put that up… :raspberry:

You should have said “Please remove the article immediately.”

:bravo: Keep up the good work.

Ps. Can we see your original stuff, I have a term paper due and I need to copy it.

I’m sorry, but does this shock you?

The kids copy off each other in class tests and think it’s normal. Asked my ex-girlfriend how her mid terms at Uni went. She said very well. When I asked her if she had gotten her results yet she said no…
How then could she know she had done well? Well, in reply she said that she cheated. But that’s ok, she says, 'cos everyone does… :noway:

Worst offender in the “Free Press” This Month in Taiwan…quickly followed by “The Man”. Stick it too 'em to Brian.

Chou

Second worst offender: Taiwan’s international development agency. I edited, re-wrote, and polished the annual report below. My thanks for actually helping to produce a world class report: being fired without a word of thanks after three years of service.

They don’t even put my name on the report website like they did in past years. Unethical DPP bastards. I can’t wait until the Presidential Office boys and Tainan lawyer chums get kicked out in 2008. Their treatment of foreigners has been friggin disgraceful. People’s Diplomacy? Shit no. Crony Diplomacy. At least the KMT actually appoints qualified people to positions of power. The former heads of the Fund included a Yale-educated lawyer and a French-educated engineer (a good DPP appointment - too bad they promoted him out). Chen’s new appointee: a very rich fruit company CEO/lawyer from Tainan with no international experience at all. :smiling_imp: This is the person in charge of development programs that help maintain diplomatic ties. Gotta love Chen’s crony diplomacy.

icdf.org.tw/english/e_pub_an … sp?pid=148

Misquoting ol’ whas his face fron The Smiths…“Authors of Taiwan unite…Stand and defend your rights”

That’s terrible!

I was doing some research on Taiwanese martial arts just now, and I, too, happened upon a most interesting and infuriating thing. The Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.
at this site
http://www.tro-Taiwan.roc.org.uk/DC/nsl112003r.htm#top

took it upon themselves to f***ing steal one of my friend’s articles, hack it up, slap it on their website (without his name of course) and without paying him a dime.

I get fed up with the cunts running the ROC government doing shit like this. They (the ROC government) is quick to kiss AIT and AmCham’s ass, telling them IPR rights are taken seriously then in a heartbeat turning around and simply stealing my friend’s intellectual property. This by the way is not the first time I have seen “Brian words” stolen and slapped on some stinking Taiwanese government website. This time just happened to be the straw that causes me to go into a cyber-fury.

And I will write a hot little note to all concerned.

Yours in stolen words,
Furious Sean
:smiley:

Welcome to the ROC, get used to it.
:wink:

[quote=“brianlkennedy”]I was doing some research on Taiwanese martial arts just now. I happened upon a most interesting and infuriating thing. The Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.
at this site
tro-Taiwan.roc.org.uk/DC/nsl112003r.htm#top

took it upon themselves to f***ing steal one of my articles, hack it up, slap it on their website (without my name of course) and without paying me a dime.
[/quote]

Where was your article originally published or written for?

I must give credit where credit is due. This morning, awaiting me in my email box was this email from ROC Londontown.

Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:46:24 -0000
Dear Mr Kennedy,

I am shocked to hear that your article used by TRO website without your permission. After checking, my colleague probably downloaded the article from Taiwan Journal by mistake.

We have removed the article accordingly. Many thanks for the alert.

Sincerely,

Michael Chen
Press Division
Taipei Representative Office in the UK

As to whether Mike the Spinmaster was truly shocked, that is hard to say.
Yours in cyber-justice,
Brian
p.s. Flicka, As to where the words originally appeared, I can’t remember whether that piece appeared in Discover Taipei, Sinorama (I don’t think Sinorama, but could be wrong) or KungFu Taichi Magazine. I suspect it was “borrowed” from KungFu Taichi magazine because they have (after paying me) posted it in cyberspace (I think). What I suspect happened is some office drone at the ROC Pseudo-Embassy in London has the task of going through cyberspace every day “googleing” Taiwan and then grabbing any words that might be useful for their website.

Mr. Kennedy -
A suggestion -
Email Mr. Chen back, thank him for his actions and his wisdom in recognizing the value of your article.
Then suggest that he repost it with payment to you at Standard Rate.

Couldn’t hurt.

TC
Capitalist Tool.