The season of cold showers is upon us

I love Taiwan when it’s hot and sticky like it is now. Ice cold showers…mmmmmmm.

jdshivers

Summer or winter, I always start the shower with hot or warm water and finish with cold. (Though in the middle of winter the cold water bit just lasts a little while.) It’s supposed to be good for the skin and for health in general.

My bio-thermal clock has just started telling me the same thing

[quote=“jdsmith”]I love Taiwan when it’s hot and sticky like it is now. Ice cold showers…mmmmmmm.

jdshivers[/quote]

Freak :smiley:

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“jdsmith”]I love Taiwan when it’s hot and sticky like it is now. Ice cold showers…mmmmmmm.

jdshivers[/quote]

Freak :smiley:[/quote]

You’re close enough to home to do it two or thee times a day. :slight_smile:

You know what I like to do? I pack three shirts each day. When one soaks through, I just switch shirts and put the old one in a resealable plastic bag. When I get home, I wring all the shirts out in the tub and take a bath in that. Doing my part to conserve water!

And there’s an added bonus - if you hang the shirts up to dry right away, the salt rime makes them look like tie dyes.

You know what I like to do? I pack three shirts each day. When one soaks through, I just switch shirts and put the old one in a resealable plastic bag. When I get home, I wring all the shirts out in the tub and take a bath in that. Doing my part to conserve water!

And there’s an added bonus - if you hang the shirts up to dry right away, the salt rime makes them look like tie dyes.[/quote]

In Paris Island SC in the midst of August 1985, we sweated yellow rings into out olive drab t shirts. During the wash time, all night long, to trip out the Drill Instructors and ourselves, we’d pour bleach straight onto the shirts as the washer filled up. The bleach would leave tripandicular purple stains and there wasn’t a thing the MAN could do about it. :smiley:

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

[quote=“jdsmith”]I love Taiwan when it’s hot and sticky like it is now. Ice cold showers…mmmmmmm.

jdshivers[/quote]

ICE COLD showers? In Taiwan? :unamused: Come to Austria and I show you what ICE COLD shower means. :smiley:

In military we had once to wash and shave outside during a exercise in the mountains. After breaking trough the 5 cm thick ice on the water we started to wash and shave, never was so fast with shaving and washing. :smiley:

The cold water here even in winter is still kind of boiling to that.

JD wrote [quote]In Paris Island SC in the midst of August 1985, we sweated yellow rings into out olive drab t shirts. During the wash time, all night long, to trip out the Drill Instructors and ourselves, we’d pour bleach straight onto the shirts as the washer filled up. The bleach would leave tripandicular purple stains and there wasn’t a thing the MAN could do about it[/quote]

Wow, scary frontline tales from the laundry room. :laughing:
So, who does the washing in your household?

You know, I’m flattered…really. But I’m going to HAVE to pass.

And growing up in the Adirondacks with a wood stove and a hot water heater that would go on the blink all winter long, I know all about the 20 second ice shower. :smiley:

Shrinkage!

Ohh…

I thought the title of this thread was in reference to something other than a change in the weather.

:wink:

I took my students on an outing yesterday and they were taking a long time to get back to the bus until I said, “Uh, you guys. The bus has air con.”

Most of them then sprinted back and fought to get back on.

:astonished:

The season of 3-4 ice cold showers a day is upon us!!!

Arghhh!!! I hate this season in Taiwan!!!

I’m morphing into a hot-tempered jerk who yells at everyone. :fume:

Trust me, I would do ANYTHING to lie on a snow-covered front lawn come 3 PM this afternoon. I’d even shovel the whole street!!!

[quote=“jdsmith”]You know, I’m flattered…really. But I’m going to HAVE to pass.
And growing up in the Adirondacks with a wood stove and a hot water heater that would go on the blink all winter long, I know all about the 20 second ice shower. :smiley:[/quote]

Sounds like home. But I still miss this wood stoves we had there. Coming home from a day out in the fresh air with all that snow around and than step close to the stove to warm up.

[quote=“mingshah”][quote=“jdsmith”]You know, I’m flattered…really. But I’m going to HAVE to pass.
And growing up in the Adirondacks with a wood stove and a hot water heater that would go on the blink all winter long, I know all about the 20 second ice shower. :smiley:[/quote]

Sounds like home. But I still miss this wood stoves we had there. Coming home from a day out in the fresh air with all that snow around and than step close to the stove to warm up.[/quote]

AH yes, the smell of wet mittens drying on the woody. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shrinkage![/quote]

“I thought everybody knew about ‘shrinkage’…?”

I was up in Annapurna one bitter cold January when all the trekkers dried their sweaty socks on the woody.

[quote=“almas john”]Wow, scary frontline tales from the laundry room.
[/quote]
:roflmao: