The secret of your school's success

Then, why do they fail?

When I arrived a few months ago they had two schools, now they’re down to one.

Student enrollment has dropped in half since October (according to my co-workers who have been there longer than I), and no new students are enrolling.

What is the secret of this phenomenal success? I don’t know. Why don’t you ask the parents? They’re the ones running the show.

I Have to say I love those top ten habits. They are the underlying reasons why buxibans cease trading.

You can compare this situation to a cancer patient. If the unfortunate victim suffers from a couple of these problems then the issues can be addressed with targeted action, and maybe there’ll be a recovery. If you happen to suffer from all of these problems the body is overwhelmed, paralyzed and haemorrages from the inside.

The frustrating thing is when obvious solutions to current problems exist, but there is no desire whatsoever to use them.

Buxibans failing may also be a good sign for Taiwan’s education system. If more faith and better resources are being put into standard schooling, this may be the end of the cram school moneygrabbers.

[quote=“C.J.Smith”]
Buxibans failing may also be a good sign for Taiwan’s education system. If more faith and better resources are being put into standard schooling, this may be the end of the cram school moneygrabbers.[/quote]

I think we are a far far piece from this happening.

My advice for the “real” schools:

head
ass
remove

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“C.J.Smith”]
Buxibans failing may also be a good sign for Taiwan’s education system. If more faith and better resources are being put into standard schooling, this may be the end of the cram school moneygrabbers.[/quote]

I think we are a far far piece from this happening.

My advice for the “real” schools:

head
ass
remove[/quote]

If the cram school thing fails the kids will have more time… I’ll start a water polo club

Don’t worry. I’m sure your gig will continue successfully. Part or fully foreign owned schools must surely have the best chance of survival in this oversubscribed market. Foreigners who do manage to stay the distance and branch out on their own can see the gaping mistakes of the locals and address them in their own schools with ease. All the power to those people.

I wish I had the financial backing and the connections to take that leap of independence.