The Sentence of Kaohsiung Mayer Election, Shocking!

I learned the new this afternoon. What a shocking sentence that reverses the result of Kaohsiung Mayer Election!!

Chen Ju lost the case in first round that Kaohsiung Court announced the invalidation of her election.
She has to appeal to the result within 20 days.

If the sentence remains the same after the second trial , Huang, Jun-ying would become Kaohsiung Mayer.

Sorry, I can’t translate it well. The news story must be available in Taipei times tomorrow.

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/070615/17/fwl6.html

The appeal process is going to take forever.
But at least all is right in the world for a brief instance.

Interesting development! The court made no announcement as to why they made this finding…? At least none that I’ve seen.

But this is the part that confuses me:
gb.udn.com/gb/udn.com/NEWS/NATIO … 0516.shtml

【中央社高雄十五日电】高雄市长选举无效、当选无效官司历经五个月审理,一审今天判决当选无效。对此,高雄市选举委员会表示,如果二审仍维持原判,依据地方制度法第七十九条规定,将要先解除陈菊的职务,再公告补选市长。

According to this, there’s going to be another election assuming the sentence is upheld. This is different from the first article you linked, which is clear that because it’s “dangxuan” that’s being tossed… Huang would come in immediately as mayor.

Confusing.

gb.udn.com/gb/udn.com/NEWS/NATIO … 0013.shtml

So… what was the cause behind the ruling? And does this suggest the CEC has the right in deciding whether the election is re-run, or whether Huang takes power immediately?

My god, can you imagine the political battle if it turns out the CEC has that right?

Ruling cannot come from the district court. Must go to the high court. If high court upholds ruling, then there’s a by-election. So says a story that came across my desk an hour ago. I couldn’t be arsed checking to see if the translator was correct in writing “by-election.”

Roland explains all. I should’ve looked on the China Post too:

So this is why the election result is nullified. Roland’s quote (from TVBS) suggests Huang will be appointed mayor… I have no idea who has jurisdiction, but I’m guessing that won’t hold up. There will be a by-election assuming this is held up on appeal. Oh right, newest TVBS links confirm that’s the case, there would be a by-election.

zonaeuropa.com/weblog.htm

The winner always say it is fair.
the loser always say it’s unfair.
That’s it.

My wife has been trying to explain this situation to me for the last 24 hours. I hope this thread will help with my figuring out WTF is happening.

Re:KaoShiung…remember…this is where Frank Hsiah came from…after he was hustled up to Taipei to separate him from the big construction/workers scandal down in K-town.
A lot of info on that was posted in a thread or two here on Forumosa.com.

*edit: “h” added to " ope"

The DPP are very corrupt group and are about to lose power in the ROC for next decade or so.

“The DPP are very corrupt group and are about to lose power
in the ROC for next decade or so.”
-and if the KMT (certainly NOT a corrupt group) assume power
there won’t be a “ROC” in the next decade!

[quote=“ccpcannonfodder”]“The DPP are very corrupt group and are about to lose power
in the ROC for next decade or so.”
-and if the KMT (certainly NOT a corrupt group) assume power
there won’t be a “ROC” in the next decade![/quote]

You honestly think the “ROC” moniker will survive another DPP administration?