The Shame of Al Gore

You may not need to hold it too long.

Things can change quicker than you’d think.

[quote][quote=“Jaboney”]You may not need to hold it too long.

[/quote][/quote]

Well, that might have some weight if SA was any form of democracy, with any way for the run of the mill citizen to effect change.

:unamused:

uh, I’m missing something, jd. Those are images from the US.

Well, if you think that Saudi Arabia can change as quickly as the US did with Civil Rights, then yeah, I think you’re missing something too. :slight_smile:

:bravo:
Now THAT was a good zinger!
:laughing:

[quote]“Unfortunately there have been terrible abuses and it’s wrong. That does not represent the feelings of the majority of Americans,” said Gore, adding that there are people even in the current Republican administration that have worked to protect the human and civil rights guaranteed in the US Constitution, and to expose abuses that have occurred following the 9-11 attacks."[/quote]Uhhh…gee algore…I guess all those pesky laws are being ignored by Demo civil-rights attorney…huh? I guess no one in “the current administration” took the oath about “…preserving and protecting our Constitutional rights.” I call BS on this one.
What a crock. If this was happening there would be lawyers throwing paper faster than a car wreck in Beverly Hils.

Thanks, Richardm. You know, you rightwing attack bots are really, really predictable. I think you may need to go back for reprogramming.

Gore’s speech was benign pabulum, the kind of diplomatic bridge-building that everyone does. And wait a minute, here, check this part out:

Hey Chewy, did your rightwing nutbar publication pick this part up? I’m talking about the part where AL GORE STATED CLEARLY THE UNITED STATES COMMITMENTS TO ISRAEL IN A FORUM TAKING PLACE IN SAUDIA ARABIA.

I think I better repeat that, because sometime the rightwing attack bots don’t always engage on all frequences. Here’s another try to get through:

AL GORE.

STOOD UP FOR ISRAEL.

WITHIN THE TERRITORY OF SAUDI ARABIA.

You may now return to your preprogrammed attack on Al Gore for pandering to Islamofascists.

Thank you :bravo: :bravo: I was gonna say the same thing. Perhaps, Gore is gonna try again and figures if he could use that connection.

Well, if you think that Saudi Arabia can change as quickly as the US did with Civil Rights, then yeah, I think you’re missing something too. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Changed as quickly as the US did with Civil Rights? U have got to be joking with me. It’s black history month. Check out how LONG it took for blacks to get the right to vote that could be revoked in 2008. :noway:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote][quote=“Jaboney”]You may not need to hold it too long.

[/quote]

Well, that might have some weight if SA was any form of democracy, with any way for the run of the mill citizen to effect change.

:unamused:[/quote][/quote]

I think it’s quite disheartening that it took so long for a democracy to effect change. The 14th Amendment was designed to speed this up and for 100 years it was basically used to give corporations rights.

Regarding Saudi Arabia, if the US hadn’t supported such an oppressive ruling family for so long a more progressive govt may have had a chance to form.

Well, if you think that Saudi Arabia can change as quickly as the US did with Civil Rights, then yeah, I think you’re missing something too. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Changed as quickly as the US did with Civil Rights? you have got to be joking with me. It’s black history month. Check out how LONG it took for blacks to get the right to vote that could be revoked in 2008. :noway:[/quote]

Why do you think blacks’ right to vote will be revoked in 2008?

[quote=“NeonNoodle”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote][quote=“Jaboney”]You may not need to hold it too long.

[/quote]

:unamused:[/quote]

I think it’s quite disheartening that it took so long for a democracy to effect change. The 14th Amendment was designed to speed this up and for 100 years it was basically used to give corporations rights.

Regarding Saudi Arabia, if the US hadn’t supported such an oppressive ruling family for so long a more progressive govt may have had a chance to form.[/quote][/quote]

Nonsense. The only serious threat to the Saudi regime has come from terrorist groups even more radical than the royal family.

Changed as quickly as the US did with Civil Rights? you have got to be joking with me. It’s black history month. Check out how LONG it took for blacks to get the right to vote that could be revoked in 2008. :noway:[/quote]

Jaboney posted picture of the civil rights movement. THAT is the time frame I was talking about. I’d say 20-30 (1950-1980) years to enact such sweeping change is pretty damn fast.

And what are you talking about Blacks having their right to vote revoked? Must be from the same newspaper that says the draft is coming back.

Ahh…feck ya’ all…we hate evrybody!

…but we’re much better now!

Afraid Bushitler won’t let you vote for Al Sharpton in '08?

The POWER TEAM for 2008!

How strange that the “Japs keep moving” sign proclaims it is a “white man’s neighborhood”. Two quick notes:

1. It’s “man’s” not “men’s”, presumably because that neighborhood belongs to The Man.

2. Unless the photo is of The Man wearing a dress, it would appear that woman is tempting fate by showing up.

Afraid Bushitler won’t let you vote for Al Sharpton in '08?
[/quote]

YOu can cast that vote if you want since I know how much yous luvss black folks :unamused:

I believe reading a few years back, that the civil rights act, passed under LBJ is an ACT therefore it will be up for review in 2008 (sic). Could that be why Bushie was so happy to get Alto on the bench?

[quote=“Namahottie”]
YOu can cast that vote if you want since I know how much yous luvss black folks [/quote]

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice. :wink:

Hmm, looks like ol’ Al was right all along.

Sez who?

The Bush Administration:

[quote]The U.S. government has agreed to pay $300,000 to an Egyptian man who sued after he was detained for nearly a year following the Sept. 11 attacks, his lawyer said.

A 2003 report by the Justice Department’s inspector general found widespread abuse of the noncitizen detainees at the Brooklyn center after 9/11, and in recent months, 10 of the center’s guards and supervisors have been disciplined.

Mr. Elmaghraby, who spent nearly a year in detention, and the Pakistani man, Javaid Iqbal, held for nine months, charged that while shackled they were kicked and punched until they bled. Their lawsuit said they were cursed as terrorists and subjected to multiple unnecessary body-cavity searches, including one in which correction officers inserted a flashlight into Mr. Elmaghraby’s rectum, making him bleed.
…T
he inspector general’s report said that little effort was made to distinguish between legitimate terrorism suspects and people picked up by chance, and that clearances took months, not days, because they were a low priority. Among the abuses described in the report