The significance of John Murtha's 'rebellion'

This is a fascinating commentary by Seymour Hersh on Murtha’s proposing a complete withdrawal:

[quote]SEYMOUR HERSH: Murtha is one of those oldies, in his 70s now. He

don’t let this one go away. I’dlike to read it…but not now.

Generals need to be listened to, or fired.

Will decide later.

jdsnooze

I also found this bit to a be a fascinating teaser… can’t wait to hear more on this…

[quote]AMY GOODMAN: By the way, do you believe that the secret prisons are in Romania and Poland, as Human Rights Watch believes, that the Washington Post won’t name, but exposed?

SEYMOUR HERSH: Well, Amy, I

Fascinating article but couldn’t they have sat down together and edited the thing.

Funny that Newt Gingrich recently said virtually the same thing that Murtha said, but where are the GOP cowards to attack Gingrich? True to their hypocritical ways, the GOP leadership has different sets of rules for everybody else.

[quote]The Argus-Leader of Sioux-Falls, S.D. was on the scene Monday to report that Newt Gingrich, the former Republican Speaker of the House, had told students and faculty at the University of South Dakota that the United States should pull out of Iraq and leave only a small force there, just as it did post-war in Korea and Germany.

“It was an enormous mistake for us to try to occupy that country after June of 2003,” Gingrich said during an informal question-and-answer session at the school, according to the newspaper. “We have to pull back, and we have to recognize it.”[/quote]

So, when is Hannity going to start demanding that Gingrich apologize for his “cut and run” treachery? Just curious…