The Simpsons

I know there are a few Simpsons fans here… well, Taiwan cable finally has it. You need to get the extra channels via digital cable for an extra NT$200 per month.

The Simpsons are on Star World.

My joy was only partially lived as the TV just blew up… :frowning:

1 Like

some people get it for free! Like me!

The Simpsons have really changed. It was wicked at first, but now it really isn’t suitable for kids… I’ve never heard so many homo, racist, drug, religious references…which of course, is what makes it funny…but sometimes it really isn’t:)

I wonder how much Acid the writers go through!

best quote I heard the other day Marge is lying on the beach at some 5-star hotel and she says “I feel like Princess Di and Grace Kelly all smashed together” :laughing:

My Simpsons claim to fame is that Springfield Town Hall was inspired by my hometown library. I kid you not.

Burkina Faso? Disputed Zone? Who called all these weird places? :slight_smile:

1 Like

youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU
They changed the opening sequence for the first time in 20 years. You can see Tomacco juice in Marge’s groceries.

Wow! They’ve finally got a flat screen!
Still don’t know how I feel about the new opening sequence though. :s

I thought The Simpsons changed quite abruptly after the success of Southpark, which made it look so family friendly as to be passe.

The Simpsons haven’t been airing on Star World for quite awhile now. Does anyone know where/when if ever the Simpsons will be back on tv?!?!

They are on one of the Chinese channels. But only in Chinese. I’m not sure which one.

Probably Mandarin.

1 Like

I believe The Simpsons is now shown on FOX, which you can get on MOD. I don’t have that channel, though, so I can’t be 100% sure.

Just to update everyone, The Simpsons is now on the Fox HD channel! It just started airing yesterday.

Unfortunately, the show they replaced is Family Guy

The trend is evident.

1 Like

I have seasons 2 through 11 on DVD. That’s all I’ll acknowledge exists.