The slippery slope

It would be kind of entertaining to watch the olympics with all mixed male and female events. I’d guess 98% of gold medals would be won by biological males and 2% by females. The 2% would be things like synchronized swimming, and that tumbling event when they hold a ribbon. Olympic show jumping might be closer. I can’t think of any other events where biological females would beat males. Maybe Serena Williams might place 30 in tennis. Figure skating ?

nononono. A complicated formula would be introduced to remove ‘bias’ and ‘privilege’ , ensuring that exactly 50% of golds were won by males and 50% by females.

Good talk. Gets going about 45:00 in, first part is podcast related chatter.

The author, Leda Fisher, argues that males who have names such as “Jake, Chad, or Alex” have been taught that their voices are the “most important,” but that after listening to these individuals speak, Fisher has decided that not only do these voices lack value, they should also be silenced.

There’s a Jake Tapper at CNN that should take notice of this.
Tuition at that school is over U$50,000.

My question is, given these articles are in the opinion part of the site, why do they garner and deserve this kind of attention? (Not bashing you CTaitung, happy cakeday btw) I just feel like people spend too much of their energy giving fools a platform these days, and stir themselves up as if they like it, or something.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about rising pedophilia normalization?

Thanks, didn’t realize it was my cake day.
Drinks on the house.
The slippery slope can maybe mean a lot. But certainly the OP started off with the dirtiest, sickest type of slope.

To be on topic, that is quite a premise to write a piece.

I believe our higher institutions are creating a new type of bubble in which people are no longer being “led to safe spaces,” but rather led to believe a general ideal focused on masking the voices of the majority (non-minority) and leaving minority voices as reputable or worth listening to. You must conform to these beliefs, “or else.” Pretty sad to see, really.

I feel like I went to school during the golden age. Degrees had high (decent?) worth, and ideas were not yet being forced onto us, as they clearly are in even elementary and middle schools.

okay, back on topic.

Miami Herald story last November.

His client, Palm Beach multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein, 54, was accused of assembling a large, cult-like network of underage girls — with the help of young female recruiters — to coerce into having sex acts behind the walls of his opulent waterfront mansion as often as three times a day, the Town of Palm Beach police found.

But thanks to a series published by the Miami Herald last year that delved into how prosecutors worked with powerful defense attorneys to ensure Epstein received such a lenient sentence. The expose shed a light on the role played by Alex Acosta, who went on to become Trump’s Secretary of Labour, in handing down the light sentence. Acosta was the US Attorney for the Southern District of Florida at the time Epstein’s sentence was handed down.

Now, thanks to those stories, the DOJ has reportedly opened an investigation into the conduct of DOJ attorneys in the case, and whether they committed “professional misconduct” in their working relationship with Epstein’s attorneys.

When a minority can successfully browbeat the majority into submission, either the minority is doing something right or the majority is doing something wrong.

When the majority rise up against their oppressors, then we will all find out where we really stand.

and now you’re all stuck with me in this!

images%20(5)

Weeeelll … it is Breitbart.

Assuming " Leda Fisher" is real, her observation is easily fixed:

“There is an endless line of students waiting to share their opinions on the state of feminism in America, whether the LGBTQ+ population finally has enough rights, the merits of capitalism, etc. The list of what students think they are qualified to talk about is endless.”

Which has been true since pretty much forever. Leda Fisher just has an uncommonly low level of self-awareness.

Incidentally, -2 marks for style (using the word ‘endless’ twice).

Bravo UK, because white women don’t need help ?

Nah, they get Rotherham, and if they complain, they get called racists.

Cringe :woozy_face: :roll_eyes: I thought it was a parody.

free speech allows comedy of the highest order like this.

“Where’s the ‘H’?”
I almost spit my coffee!
:rofl:

But fraternity means brother in greek…

Martina Navratalova being accused of transphobia:

Any suggestion that maybe a former 6’ 14 stone male might have an unfair advantage competing against women is met with a visceral response. I’m not sure how women’s sport can survive against such a complete lack of logic combined with dogma and intolerance.