The slippery slope

From what I can tell she is real, from Toronto (figures) but not recent. This article is way back to 2013, wants laws to regulate how loud a fart can be. She’s a nobody with another stupid opinion, move on.

Now Ilhar Omar (D-Mogadishu) seems to be working on her progressive left unity between identity political group kumbaya moments, someone might want to tell her the wording could use some … how do you say … more neutral language like LGBT sort of thing.

https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1105930107200380931

maybe Omar might want to have an open discussion of Muslims in the Mideast throwing those ‘queers’ off the top of buildings to see if they can fly

The irony . Of course this contradiction can not be discussed.

3 Likes

Looks like we have enough rooftops of our own to worry about without worrying about liberal Moslem Americans

So you’re saying Republicans want to throw gays off rooftops? :hushed:

2 Likes

Ruling by Japan’s Supreme Court.

The unkindest cut

Even the Economist slips in some dry humor

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/2BqlQlUNs8A

4 Likes

Rapper Zuby is quite articulate and understands the issue. Well worth watching.

Good stuff. Nice to see a British person who can actually express himself clearly without mumbling, uming, you knowing, or fucking. It seems to be an increasingly rare skill back in Blighty.

He’s probably boosted his PR profile a bit in the process too. I’d never heard of him.

And he’s a rapper!

What’s with his accent though? There’s barely any trace of British in it. He almost sounds Canadian.

He was taught in an American school in Saudi Arabia before attending Oxford University. I assume that accounts for the transatlantic accent.

2 Likes

No wonder…

He was born in Britain. Family worked abroad.

I think the original video sounds more like his British voice before it got corrupted by the Colonial influence.:wink::innocent:

Sounds recognizably British to me. I think people are so used to hearing Estuary English instead of RP that they think the former is a “proper British accent”, innit.

A rapper with a degree from Oxford? He should be ashamed of himself.

“Testosterone is not the only difference”

End of discussion, basically. I don’t know what the IOC and other sporting bodies are thinking. I liked the point Sharon Davies made about Michael Phelps having size 15 feet.

This whole thing is nuts, but I think people are going to have to have it proven how totally lacking in logic it is. Perhaps at the next major athletics event.

I think it may not sink in until all women’s sports records are held by trans athletes.