The stench is unbearable

Yesterday, the most retarded member of my household had the good fortune to find a Costco-sized brick of butter which someone had forgotten to put in the fridge before going out.

So he ate it.

Then he puked up. Enormously. And for good measure, he chose to do so on my new pure wool rug. It marinated for several hours before I came home too, just for extra extra good measure.

Even rinsing something like this (2 metres square and quite thick) is a fairly major undertaking. It’s currently hanging over the balcony after my first attempt, but it’s obviously going to need more robust treatment. It stinks!!

I found Muzha Man’s thread about a smelly rug, but I think we’re in a different category here.

I have a cyclone (bagless) vacuum cleaner but I threw the manual away without reading it. Is it possible to use this to suck vomit out of a carpet? Is that going to be enough?

Any suggestions?

(Apologies to those who came to this thread thinking it was about Irishstu. This was a different retard.)

[color=#FF4040]Reference:[/color] Kitty & Doggy Puke!
Jeanette from Colorado Springs, Colorado writes: “This is a GREAT tip for removing kitty vomit. After blotting up most of the mess with paper towel or rag, sprinkle salt on the area and cover with damp cloth large enough to cover. Leave on for several hours and the stain will be gone. This works especially well with the yellow bile that often comes with vomit. My dog had an accident on my brand new plush carpet. I was sick about it but very relieved when this worked so well. I tell everyone about it.”
[ excerpted from members.tripod.com/~Barefoot_Lass/carpet.html ]

Also see–

How to Remove Vomit Stains

home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-re … stains.htm

housekeeping.about.com/b/2007/01 … carpet.htm

ehow.com/how_10699_clean-vomit-carpet.html

goodhousekeeping.com/home/st … omit-may07

ehow.com/way_5682803_home-re … zymes.html

Enzyme cleaners will help with the mess–AND with the smell. But you need to be careful because some can harm wool. Check it out. Hope this helps.

I’d think dry cleaning would be the best option here.

For a quick stench fix you can try baking soda or vinegar.

Find a bridge over a clean, swift flowing river (have to be mountains/East coast), tie a rope around it, tie the other end of the rope to the bridge, and drop it off.

Later, you might not be able to lift it, but you should be able to pull it ashore.

Or tow it behind a boat.

(Carpets are silly things, and cry out for silly solutions)

True change comes from within. I think you should convince yourself that fermented animal vomit smells good.

[quote=“Loretta”]Yesterday, the most retarded member of my household had the good fortune to find a Costco-sized brick of butter which someone had forgotten to put in the fridge before going out.

So he ate it.[/quote]

A bit off-topic here but… who the f@#% sits down for a meal of rancid Costco butter? How does that happen?

Hey, people eat chou doufu. It can’t be THAT bad, surely?

[quote=“max”]For a quick stench fix you can try baking soda or vinegar.[/quote]I think baking soda is your best bet for the stench, too. Costco sells a huge package for cheap. If you have animals, you need it. Lots of people say vinegar, but I prefer baking soda as vinegar retains that oh-not-so-pleasant douche smell. If the baking soda doesn’t do the trick, then take MM’s advice-dry cleaner. [quote=“Charlie Jack”]True change comes from within. I think you should convince yourself that fermented animal vomit smells good.[/quote] :ponder:

I did ask him about it, but he’s a retard so he had forgotten all about it within a couple of hours. And his English isn’t very good, so “why did you eat my butter” sounds just like “wanna go for a walk?” to him and he capered around excitedly, barking like an idiot.

Baking soda. Right, I’m on it.

Does anyone know whether cyclone (bagless) vacuum cleaners can be used on wet carpets?

I did ask him about it, but he’s a retard so he had forgotten all about it within a couple of hours. And his English isn’t very good, so “why did you eat my butter” sounds just like “wanna go for a walk?” to him and he capered around excitedly, barking like an idiot.

Baking soda. Right, I’m on it.

Does anyone know whether cyclone (bagless) vacuum cleaners can be used on wet carpets?[/quote]

is it still wet?

normally bagless vacuums are AOK for wet. how expensive is the rug? if its not that costly i’d just throw it away

More expensive than the vacuum cleaner, after the discount because it was the last in stock. I also have a cheap crappy one that he’s ignored since I moved in. It seems that dogs only puke on stuff that’s important.