The strangest Expat I ever met was

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have any interesting or unusual stories regarding expats in Taiwan. For example, I once knew a South African fellow who claimed to speak Mandarin but who in fact went around generally shouting at the locals while randomly using the 4 tones in an arbitrary manner. It was rather comical watching him sing almost operatically to his smiling victims who didn’t have a clue what the hell he was talking about. In addition, he sometimes showed up at class dressed like a total Kaosan Road hippie freak and the next day he would dress up like a Wall St. stockbroker. He seemed to have a limitless supply of personalities tucked away in his tickle trunk. The last I heard, he was off to the mainland with his Cambodian “fiance” in search of greener pastures. That’s one freak I’ll never forget.

I refuse to discuss freaks on the grounds of self-incrimination.

I was going to say the same thing. :blush:

Is that a penis?

In Canada, there once was a popular children’s entertainer on TV called Mister Dressup. He kept an endless supply of costumes in a trunk, which he referred to as his “tickle trunk”. So come on. There must be hundreds of unique and bizarre stories worth relating. Don’t you think?

search, this topics just been done.