The Stupid Thread

I imagine this thread could go on, and on, and on…

[quote=“NYT”]Kwame M. Kilpatrick, the charismatic mayor of Detroit who has been embroiled in legal problems stemming from a sex scandal since the beginning of the year, pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and agreed to resign Thursday morning as part of a deal with prosecutors.

He agreed to plead guilty to two felony counts of obstruction of justice and to plead no contest to a felony count of assault on a police officer; to pay restitution to the city of $1 million; to surrender his law license, forfeit his state pension and be barred from elective office for five years; and to serve 120 days in the Wayne County jail, followed by five years’ probation. The other charges were dismissed, and the judge scheduled a formal sentencing hearing for Oct. 28.
[…]
Judge Groner asked Mr. Kilpatrick, “Is this something you are ready to do today?” He added, “Do you have any questions?”

“I have no questions about what’s going on today,” Mr. Kilpatrick responded. Later, referring to his guilty plea, he said, “I lied under oath.”[/quote]

actually that should go in the Career Morgue 2008 :laughing:

But Obama said he was a friend, colleague and a great mayor

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNvC_-RW2Q

How can this be?

[quote]
“I have no questions about what’s going on today,” Mr. Kilpatrick responded. Later, referring to his guilty plea, he said, “I lied under oath.”[/quote]
Man up! :bravo:

Now, if they could only do the right thing before they did the wrong thing…

23 year-old father goes to wedding party in LA, gets so drunk he forgets he was driving a car. . . and left his 3 yr-old son in the car, causing the father to be arrested (he had no memory the boy was with him), an Amber Alert to go out and dozens of police officers and volunteers to search for the missing boy, until . . .

fortunately, 25 hours later someone finds the car with the boy still strapped into his seat and apparently doing fine.

latimes.com/news/la-mew-miss … 9446.story
latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 … adena.html

:loco: