The Taichung Social Club Pub Night

Pub night has been permanently shelved due to poor attendance (ie: I’m the only one who shows).

[quote=“Taichung Social Club”]The Taichung Social Club will have a pub night every Wednesday evening.
Any change of venue will be reflected in this thread, so be sure to check every week.

Wednesday, July 19th. @ 9pm
The Londoner
143 Hua Mei West Street Section 1

Directions:
It’s near the intersection of Taichung Gang Road and Chung Ming Road.
Turn off of Taichung Gang Road onto Chung Ming Road.
Turn right at the first street.
Turn left at the canal.
The Londoner is on your left.

I’ll be wearing a tan ball cap.

Wayne[/quote]]

I’m not back in the country until next week. And will there be anything in the future that doesn’t involve a pub?

[quote=“llary”]

I’m not back in the country until next week. And will there be anything in the future that doesn’t involve a pub?[/quote]

good call there…not everyone is into drinking themselves silly

Yes, of course. In additon the Wednesday pub night, there is currently a dinner planned for the 23rd at Bollywood, the details are here.

I have scouted a couple more locations for future dinners, and pub nights. I am currently exploring other ideas such as hiking in Da Keng, a cycling trip, a movie night, as well as a few other activities out in the county. I didn’t want to announce them until I had all the details worked out.

Also, I had thought of an afternoon of scrabble, or some other game. I just need to scout out a suitable location.

If anyone has any ideas for an event or a location for an event, go ahead and suggest it.

Indeed. One should take note that the purpose of the social club is to socialize. I have a 45 minute scooter ride back to the county, so I won’t be having more than one pint.

[quote=“Taichung Social Club”]

Also, I had thought of an afternoon of scrabble, or some other game. I just need to scout out a suitable location.

If anyone has any ideas for an event or a location for an event, go ahead and suggest it.[/quote]

there’s the “wooden horse” in the same street as the londoner,it’s a nice clean and quiet place,
also,good quality lunches are available at very reasonable prices where i work,i might even be able to get a special deal if we have a descent crowd :wink:

[quote=“dablindfrog”][quote=“llary”]

I’m not back in the country until next week. And will there be anything in the future that doesn’t involve a pub?[/quote]

good call there…not everyone is into drinking themselves silly[/quote]

I’ve been to many a HH and not had a drop of the demon rum. :slight_smile:

Happily, the people I meet are still cool. :slight_smile:

Sounds good to me.

My house is big enough for scrabble etc. and in a nice location. Bit out of the way (Da Keng) but I’m sure Llary’s Pickup Service could do a run from central Taichung.

Yes, of course. In additon the Wednesday pub night, there is currently a dinner planned for the 23rd at Bollywood, the details are here.

I have scouted a couple more locations for future dinners, and pub nights. I am currently exploring other ideas such as hiking in Da Keng, a cycling trip, a movie night, as well as a few other activities out in the county. I didn’t want to announce them until I had all the details worked out.

If anyone has any ideas for an event or a location for an event, go ahead and suggest it.[/quote]

I’ve looked for the wodden horse, but I’ll be damned if I can find it.

I’ve looked for the wodden horse, but I’ll be damned if I can find it.[/quote]

ahhh,yeah…that’s coz you’d need to look for wOOden horse,rather :smiley:

seriously though,if you find the chinatrust bank building on the edge of taizongang rd,the back entrance of this (architect offices if i recall well,on the riverside,same side as londoner,then it’s in B1)