The Taipei Times - Part Deux

Conventions. In Europe, broadsheet formats signal seriousness - while the smaller tabloid ones signal a more low-brow and sensationist style.

On topic: The papers all suck.

Off topic: Hey Monkey, glad to see all those hours of wearing lipstick and a dress while giving backrubs and handjobs have finally paid off – nice bike! :wink:

Conventions. In Europe, broadsheet formats signal seriousness - while the smaller tabloid ones signal a more low-brow and sensationist style.[/quote]
Yeah guys who read the broadsheets do so in taxis or limos.

A good example is the “Daily Torygraph” versus “The Sun” in the UK.

I think that a tabloid in tabloid format would be a good idea here. But that market is probably cornered by Jimmy Lai.

I rode the tube but no way would I read that shite tabloid trying to be a broadsheet the Evening Standard.

Yes, the “Evening Standard” Only read it once and that was in '91. Seemed an odd concept to me - The same thing was later tried out in DK - and fell miserably flat on its face.

Quirky puts on his Leonard Nimoy voice, “The tongue … ah, the tongue. A genetic mutation, or practiced art?” Next on In Search of…

I realize the papers are bad here, and the TT management in particular, but I never dreamed of the day that people would be complaining about the physical dimentions of the papers… :shock:
Maybe the ink should be blacker… :laughing:

The complaint was a generic complaint, directed at all standard-sized newspapers, not only the papers in Taiwan. :unamused:

You’ve never fumbled with a newspaper on a crowded train or bus?

That’s why I seldom buy them. Then again, the English papers in Taiwan are thin enough that their dimensions aren’t much of a problem. My biggest problem with them is that the weekend editions are too thin.

People make way for me. :sunglasses:

Little wonder with that chop!

Taipei Times is looking for a copy editor by the way; see forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=10165

This just in… Long Time Taipei Times features reporter bites the dust. Sackee informed via email.

Go on.

Yes, do go on.

Yes, please do go on.

From a feature in the Sunday edition of the Taipei Times by Jules Quartly,

“Leave the wrinklies at home when you take your trip to Penghu…”

What are “wrinklies”?

taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 9272/print

[quote=“fee”]
“Leave the wrinklies at home when you take your trip to Penghu…”

What are “wrinklies”?
quote]

Old people; your mum and dad and aunt Edna etc

Cold blooded. My sympathies.

So who got canned? Inquiring minds want to know.