The Taiwan justice way

Since when can a labor department issue a deportation order? Only in Taiwan!

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003529394

Democracy, human rights … I guess it’s a word that’s not in some people’s dictionary in Taiwan …

Since when can a labor department issue a deportation order? Only in Taiwan!

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003529394

Democracy, human rights … I guess it’s a word that’s not in some people’s dictionary in Taiwan …[/quote]

His problem was that he worked for the gasp “Democracy and Human Rights” foundation…a no-no in Ma’s administration :no-no:

Kidding aside, surely he has all the work permit documentations from MOFA and TFD during those periods in question, correct? Does he have a lawyer (it appears that he did not)? Hiring a lawyer would probably help his case (just sayin’, ya know).

Wow … that’s a little scary, especially (as PBC just said) he must surely have plenty of evidence that all is/was in order during those three years.

There’s only 10% of the story there. I wonder what political machinations were behind all that? Or who he offended?

[quote=“PigBloodCake”]
His problem was that he worked for the gasp “Democracy and Human Rights” foundation…a no-no in Ma’s administration :no-no:

Kidding aside, surely he has all the work permit documentations from MOFA and TFD during those periods in question, correct? Does he have a lawyer (it appears that he did not)? Hiring a lawyer would probably help his case (just sayin’, ya know).[/quote]

It would not have cost him more than 10 000NT$ to hire a lawyer and get this thing written and submitted properly.

[quote=“finley”]

There’s only 10% of the story there. I wonder what political machinations were behind all that? Or who he offended?[/quote]

I was thinking the same.

The part about him being separated from his son is something I do not understand. The article refers to him as a single father, which if true means that he has full custody and if deported, would be able to take his son with him ? Perhaps another case of chabuduo journalism …

And the reporter, J. Michael Cole, is a source that I respect in some ways very much as a man of some accomplishments, intelligence and education, but feel that he is perhaps too biased and partisan as a reporter to just believe what he says without wanting other sources.

The story doesn’t make much sense as it stands. Still
I feel very sorry for him if he is deported and having dealings with courts before I sympathize with him as it is a merry go round justice system.

Why didn’t he just pay someone off…this is still China after all…

[quote=“pgdaddy1”][quote=“finley”]

There’s only 10% of the story there. I wonder what political machinations were behind all that? Or who he offended?[/quote]

I was thinking the same.

The part about him being separated from his son is something I do not understand. The article refers to him as a single father, which if true means that he has full custody and if deported, would be able to take his son with him ? Perhaps another case of chabuduo journalism …[/quote]

He probably didn’t apply for CRBA with AIT when his son was born.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but probably didn’t.

[quote=“pgdaddy1”][quote=“finley”]

I was thinking the same.

The part about him being separated from his son is something I do not understand. The article refers to him as a single father, which if true means that he has full custody and if deported, would be able to take his son with him ? Perhaps another case of chabuduo journalism …[/quote]

Says he’s in a custody battle. Sounds like mom’s got friends working for Ma.

What’s that?