The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

Good news indeed. A gentle breeze has picked up and the cobwebs in my mind are starting to blow away.

Apparently that gentle breeze is now gusting up to 12 on the Beaufort Scale (125kph) on Yang Ming Shan - which is virtual typhoon strength! That seems extreme - is it really that windy up there?

Has just started blowing pretty strong here and a nice lightning show out to sea though no rain yet.

no pollution out there today, clear skys…whats the secret? why can’t we have this everyday?

Typhoon nearby.

If today was Monday, nbd, but Friday and this weather just makes me not want to be in this cubicle.

Yeah, this rare cool, sunny weather is definitely bringing on a case of the cubicle fever.

It feels hot in the sun. It’s nice but I hope it doesn’t get too hot over the weekend. Sporting event and I fade fast in the heat. Sunny for sure. Sunscreen will be necessary.

Going to be a perfect weekend cycle up to Datun Peak in YMS this weekend. Maybe I’ll get a chance to be above the clouds again.

1 Like

We have the soccer championship this weekend.

Weather forecats is sunny and hot, 29 degrees tops.

1 Like

the typhoons rain washed it away or the typhoon in the ocean somewhere just sucked up all the polluted air?

More like the second. We haven’t had that much rain, I think.

Windy is good overall. Keeps things minty fresh.

Finally we agree on something weather related!

Someday, my good sir, I hope you may be able to go to the ol country and visit where we have the eolic farms. Now, that’s what I call windy.

Intriguing. I wasn’t aware that Centroamérica was so windy…well, except for all those nasty hurricanes and other tropical storms.

High mountains and steep valleys. And we also have those places where it rains 24/7/ 365 days a year. Fascinating.

Are we talking about Keelung or the ol country? :smiley:

Ours at least is luscious green.

The old country, which Icon is very coy about.

if thats the case, build up some wind machines! clean this place out! this nice weather makes you realise how nice it is to be able to view things in the distance. i’ve noticed buildings and mountains i never noticed before.

does anyone know how it was in taipei before the pollution started? i know taipei is typically a cloudy and rainy place but i’m curious of how much of it is actually clouds/ death smog

I don’t think any of us are old enough to have experienced a time before Taipei was polluted. It actually used to be much worse…before high real estate prices drove factories out of the city and most scooters were two-stroke. I remember sitting on my scooter at red lights literally gasping and choking.