The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

I could ask you the same question. And you asked two.

Would you rather it had continued raining?

If it had continued raining, I hadn’t needed to ask why I didn’t have a cup of coffee at a cafe when I got off a bus.

Besides, mushrooms to be need more water, maybe.

Well, it seems Bobby had a panic attack and yesterday’s Apple Daily -which I hadn’t read- was a casualty. Plus heaven knows what happened over the water bowl because it looks like Normandy after the landings ,- minus the blood. Bobby’s face is all wet and dirty and I am not asking questions…

as i was trying to get home some twat in a 4x4 was parked in the alley way. a truck came down the street and tried to slowly squeeze through, instead of letting me go first. in the pissing rain. yea well i let rip, they got rained on with rain AND swear words. assholes.

Managed to sit outside long enough for one drink but got to humid so now back inside in the air con

This is NOT April weather.

It temps should be floating around 20-25. Not 25-30.

You fuckin guys.
First the Badges, then the friggin Stars.
Now you figure you can control the friggin weather.

Just wait, your day is coming…

It was 18 degrees at noon and rather chilly here in Taipei. I had the last laugh as my boss had said that I was overdressed for this weather and she asked to borrow my scarf later on. I can confidently walk out to go home while half the ofice right now is going achoo achoo.

At home, unfortunately, I was overconfident and my best winter blanket is at the cleaners. The rest of the blankets I put in the wash last Friday…they are obviously still wet and will need another wash later on. Must visit the coin laundry, sigh.

So it has been 8 warm bodies with cold ears in a single bed all these nights.

In summary, it pays to listen to the locals and not pack away winter clothing until after Dragon Boat Festival.

I left one pair of hiking pants and one pair of jeans outside the winter closet, just in case something like the last couple days returned. If the heat doesn’t come back tomorrow, I’ll be wearin’ jeans.

Can we ever get a picture of all these animals?

You packed all your warm shit away in April?!?

Tourist!

4 Likes

Just the really heavy stuff. You know, snow boots and such.

At least we are not in Minnesota.

Every day I check the status of tropical depressions and nothing is going on. I want my typhoon season, goddammit!

FB_IMG_1524185222495

Basically.

1 Like

When I woke up in Yilan we had blue sky and the air felt really hot. I went to shave, had a quick shower and it was cloudy, then the rain…dafuq. I can’t handle all these feelings.

They said this morning they expect violent thunderstorms with hail in the mountains. Better stay in.

Meh, thunderstorms during the day are annoying to photograph…I want them in the late afternoon/evening! I hope by the time I get home tonight there will be some insane weather.

Noooooo! My friend is flying in tonight at 9pm.

Ask your friend to hijack the plane and make a forced landing somewhere South of Yilan, so that I can still enjoy some thunderstorm and you get to meet your friend! It’s clearly the only viable solution.

1 Like