The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

You’d be grumpy too if awakened from your precious slumber by such raucous outside your window…Which causes the cats to try to break through glass and the Dog to bark his head off…

At 5am.

They’re living da dream…

No I wouldn’t.

1. I get up at about then every morning anyways
  2. I didn’t just arrive in Taiwan last month

These are huge birds, man, huge! They could break a window one of these days. I mean, they are no Thanksgiving turkey but a bit over a pigeon. And then we have the hordes of green white eyed whatever’s and swallows.

they could break a window while fornicating??? holy cow, you sure have some hardcore alpha birds in your area!!

1 Like

5am. In my glory days I would not even be getting home at 5am.

Decent 6:30 is my normal wake up time. I get up, feed the troops, walk the dog, bathe, fix breakfast and dash out the door to catch the 8:15 into the city and be taking care of business.

My alley is quiet, pretty quiet. Spring is when nature interrupts the silence. Beats a jackhammer but still I prefer no noise.

Slacker

What is Yilans weather like compared to Taipei usually?

Hotter in summer? More rain during the rainy periods?

Hotter than taipei. Yilan rain is in line with Keelung, though we get more during typhoons. Since the mountains separate Yilan and Taipei there can be days when it’s sunny in Yilan and it rains in Taipei or viceversa.
Yilan is fairly small, but different areas of the region see different amount of rain, with Su Ao and Jiaoxi being the worst on average.
Well, the mountains are the worst, but nearly no one lives there.

It’s thursday. Where’s me rain?

1 Like

It was raining in New Taipei City. I never thought I’d say this, but I quite enjoyed it. No rain here in Taipei. It seems exceptionally dry this spring.

We’ve had some drizzle fo shizzle in Yilan, but nothing even remotely close to the TORRENTIAL RAIN we were promised by the fake news network.
The drop in temperature is quite enjoyable.

Welcome to the deluge :roll:

No drizzle on ma shizzle here

I’m new here.

Is this what weather in May is supposed to feel like?

Oh wait, you’re bullshitting, right?

Either way

I just want to see K-man go for the quadruple-balmy in his next piece (as in "Taipei set for balmy weather as mercury rises). Its never been done, some say it can’t be done. But I say if anyone can the K-man can.

3 Likes

I guess the furnace is in for repairs today.

“TEMPERATURES WILL PLUMMET THEN WILL BE FOLLOWED BY BALMY WEATHER”

That’s the headline. As for the 4x balmy, I don’t dare to venture that far.

fify

1 Like