The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

What is balmy?

1 Like

warmer weather that feels real gooooood

Sticky. 90% humidity without rain? makes 25 feel like 35C.

1 Like

The bastard switched to “muggy” today. He’s on to me.

2 Likes

There’s some spinning action going on in the middle of the ocean but it’s not likely to come our way thanks to the cold(ish) front coming from North.

I love that word but today it os cool, followed by a chilly evening.

Is this a regular term or something rarely used? Sometimes I think the Taiwanese mugged a Thesaurus in an dark alley and rummaged its pockets for loose vocabulary.

1 Like

Balmy is a pretty commonly used word. It means “comfortably warm.”

1 Like

So is “ Barmy “, comfortably crazy ?:thinking:or “Balmy” , comfortably oiled up?

Sounds like a bunch of blarney to me.

A brunch of barley?

Blimey, I was only asking a simple question.

If it’s in beer form, I’ll take it.

1 Like

Finally Rain!

To be fair to the Taiwanese, K-man is not one. But, I’m still not convinced English is his first language.

I fear he may be pre-literate. He communicates in grunts and his lackeys render the grunts into semi-literate content.

The supreme directive in writing press releases or any printed matter in Taiwan is throw in as many unusual or fancy words, to con people into thinking your language skills are better than they actually are. It also pleases the upper management, who adhere to this mantra like religion. It does not matter whether it makes sense or not, it has to be complicated.

1 Like

“Plum rains” my striped hairy ass.
There’s no such thing, it’s just a stupid myth that the obasans and @tommy525 beak off about to sound like they know something.
Sometimes there’s a 7 to 10 day run of heavy rain in May. Or in December. Or August. Or friggin February.
It’s like that old wives’ crock of shit about Keelung being rainier than anywhere else. First time I ever heard of water rationing in Taiwan, it was in Keelung.

Keelung:

Taipei:

3 Likes

Lol grasshopper , there is yet some things to learn on the rock

Besides the Taiwan rock people thinkest not to putteth reservoirs where there be plenty of rain because there is no wisdom that where there is plenty sometime there shall be want.

There be so much rain in Keelung that there is no reasoning that there should ever be big reservoirs

But the world …and Taiwan rock may be changing too

We have only a sliver of climatic data, fragile is our existence upon the sands of time, aye even time itself is not immortal