The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

Seriously?
Tell us again how much time you’ve spent here in the last 20 years.
Go on.

1 Like

But Tommy spent his formative years here, which gives him more standing…or something like that.

1 Like

Aye be banished from the rock for 20 years so now is the time for you to tell your truths because the truths that be may not be truths any longer…

Perhaps your plum rains may now become plum raisins…but it’s not good if these rains do not fall…to depend upon only the whims of summer storms to fill ones water tank is not a good position to be in.

One Person observed that Spain receives not much rain but they are able to manage their water better through having many reservoirs but Taiwanese depend much more on there being plenty of rainfall and if these rains don’t come…

I believe the technical term is “prunes.”

1 Like

I have put in 44 years on the rock…perhaps longer then you have been born?

God, I wish…

Yes sorry…I do like prunes …they make you go…

Ha very good kind sir

TIL tommy525 is in his 60s!

1 Like

I don’t think math is the Tomster’s strong suit. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hark ! No. I am but a teenager in the sands of time.

To borrow from the Main Man , a thousand years is but a year and a year is a thousand years …something like that

Happens to the best of us. I bought my first pair of reading glasses today. mei pan fa. Beats the alternative.

1 Like

They say 4 things happen when you get old…you lose your sight , you lose your hearing , you lose your memory , I can’t remember the 4th thing

…you lose your glasses, over and over again.

2 Likes

Yes you need one pAir to find the other , as they say about jags , you need one to drive while the other is in the shop

How accurate are the weather forecasts for the weekend during the week? My experience has been that they are somewhat inaccurate until we get to around Thursday.

I want desperately for the forecast to be wrong. Very hot and very sunny for Sunday (May 13th) is what we have in the forecast. I hope that it’s a bit cooler with some clouds. Even rain would be much better than what’s forecasted. I have a triathlon on Sunday at Luzhou and I’m bad with the sun beating down on me.

I want Yilan’s graph!

Nah, that’s nailed on. What’s worse is the high is conservative. Expect 36.

You’re messing with me now. I have nightmares about a triathlon there three years ago. I walked about 2k (of the 5k). Maybe more. Ambulance sirens all over the place that day. This time, it’s starting at 6:30 am for my sprint tri (6 am for the longer Olympic distance). I think they learned their lesson. But still. No trees. No breeze on the run. Terrible, terrible venue. C’mon rain and clouds and 25 degrees.

It’ll be nice and crisp at 6 am. Imagine doing it at 11 am.

1 Like