The Taiwan Weather Thread 2018

Slept with a thin blanket and air con on all night. Today is still not December weather

1 Like

I slept with 5 cats and a dog on top. Not yet New Year weather but getting there.

1 Like

OK. So it has started. Cold front hitting full force tonight.

The cats:
kJq7pFD
Under the covers

The dog:
dlvyncO
He is wearing a sweater and has a light cover on top.

Me:
Rw0x0Og-1
And still my nose is frozen.

4 Likes

Yep I got my heating pad out.

PSA, those little fleece blankies from Uniqlo that you can button around you and wear like a poncho are really cozy. Mine has Snoopy (and Woodstock) on it, of course.

1 Like

I got a full assemble of little fuzzy blankets for days like this. Currently I am watching tv wrapped in one, Bobby has another one. There is this very intense cold breeze sipping in, might actually need a heater tonight.

1 Like

Have you tried closing the windows?

1 Like

Seal your windows/doors if they’re drafty!

Just went about closing them down tighter and managed to shave off a portion of my ring finger’s skin. Ouch and bloody and ouch. Seems that the sacrifice did the trick but still it is getting colder overall. Further measures are required.

Line your jacket with cats?

That will happen when I go to bed. I am not going out this sofa let alone the door in this weather. I was supposed to go to an event, ain’t happening.

1 Like

The change in temperature from yesterday is scary. I haven’t even put my winter gear out yet.

Out comes the wool pea jacket. Out comes the thick comforter.

Winter at last! :grinning:

1 Like

Are you kidding me? 28 degrees on December 20th? Just stepped out to get some coffee. Almost got iced coffee. This would be a good day to work on a tan.

3 Likes

Oooops!

Guy

1 Like

I was reading somewhere that the weather should be warm-ish until January.
Last few days had been great, but today it’s a bit too warm. Though I’ll gladly take a warm winter day over the non stop rain.

I think this is the first time ever that in yilan I can see the milky way with my naked eye from ground level for 4 days in a row. Tonight the Moonset should be around 3.30, if the sky will be stay clear by the time i go to sleep, i may setup an alarm clock at 3am to see if i can take photos of the stars before sunrise.

3 Likes

Hey, I said winter “at last”—not winter “forever”!

It was nice while it lasted. : P

Guy

28th of December seems will be chill again

Loving this weather, topping up on the tan. Should be fine for a couple more days.

1 Like

Looks like it’s going to be a warm Christmas.

Another year where it does not feel like Christmas.