The Taiwan Weather Thread 2019

@Icon. Today you’re free to talk about sunlight.

I thought it’s only us. Happy to know everyone else is in the same situation lol

In Yilan around 5am the sky was so clear that I could see the milky way from sea level even with all the road lights on. Taipei at sunrise had a few thin clouds but still clear. Now down in the west coast it’s all hazy due to pollution.

Yet another “handful of bad days” this year in Taichung

Wasn’t there a fake news thread saying the air in Taichung improved?

Surely only a sophist would infer such a thing? :smile:

The blue sky did not last near 101. already turning gray.

Blue Sky day Taipei near 101.

20190124_150243

Another blue sky day Taipei.

Nice looking forecast brewing for CNY. Not wanting to jinx it or nuthin’ but it should be a good one.

Weather is awesome. So bad we have to work on Tuesdays.

Good weather to last at least until Thursday.

Meanwhile, in the U.S.:

Pal in Minnesota says it’s -27.

1 Like

Boy am I glad I’m nowhere near that craziness. Just the thought of such a temperature makes me shiver.

At least it’s not windy in Chicago…wait :thinking: :hushed:

When wind chill is added, the temps drop another 20 or more Fahrenheit, thus making it feel like -60F or -50F. Exposed skin can get frostbite in 10 mins or less.

Looks like spring-like days over the next couple days with winter still on until March 21.

3 Likes

a2-fire-3

It’s so cold in Chicago, crews had to set fire to commuter rail tracks to keep the trains moving smoothly.

1 Like

Cold front with rain coming up on the weekend -of course. Expect temperatures of 12 to 16 degrees, approximately atarting tomorrow…

…just in time for the “second greatest anual human migration” - as per CNA.