The Taiwan Weather Thread 2019

And that my friends is the clearest sign of adulthood: you se a day like today and you go: what a wonderful day for laundry.

Interstingly, after an initial mold spread at the beginning of winter, due to the constant rain, it is temporarily gone. It could be what I used to clean it up but I am very pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

And tomorrow evening rain will come back… Sigh…

When you run the dehumidifier, in addition to closing the windows and doors in the room, open up all the wardrobe/closet doors and pull all the drawers out halfway.

No must, no fuss.

(See what I did there?)

2 Likes

This is a great tip, I do this while I’m sleeping since I always run the dehumidifier during that time.

I’d also recommend tucking a bar of soap in with your sheets, towels, and any clothes that are in seasonal storage. Or anywhere you want, really. I threw a couple bars of soap in the compartment under my couch where I keep extra blankets and pillows so now when I pull them out they smell fresh and pleasant.

1 Like

How bout this sunshine in Taipei, folks?? It was downright warm yesterday, looks like the trend is continuing today. I got the windows thrown open and I’m sitting in the rays like a cat.

1 Like

Do not call this a trend. There is no trend.

Too true on this island where the weather can change dramatically in a single night…

What, so now I have to get soap???
Fuck that, man.

How about some nice potpourri?

Don’t let the neighbors see you licking your butt.

3 Likes

I’m struggling keeping my bathroom dry and therefore, battling mold. Any suggestions? Do you guys keep dehumidifier on all day? Where can I get a good but not so expensive and not too bulky one (I live in a small place, so I don’t really want another big equipment that I have to move around).

I was worried early this morning since I wake up with my clothes not yet dry and there seems to be no sun, but alas, come 10am, the sun came out and I left house at 11am with sunshine.

Don’t leave your dehumidifier on all day while you aren’t home.

Get a little fan just for the bathroom and leave that on to circulate air. Get some extra big clothes hangers to spread out your towels if you don’t already have a bar for hanging them dry.

I feel you may be misusing “alas”…try it with “lo and behold”

My towels are alright - I have a bar for hanging. The floor edges are the ones getting those nasty molds. I find the humidity varies a lot, there were moments wherein I have my bathroom for two days, the floor won’t dry (I used the gym to shower o.O), but there are also days (which thankfully most of the time) where I came back home to a dry(ier) floor.

I’m telling you, just get a little oscillating fan and set it right at the doorway. It makes a huge difference!

1 Like

全國電子 has the Panasonic on sale for 8k until the 20th, I think.

Fans are the fascizzle.

14220842295_da13466b05_b

27 degrees and muggy…inside the office. I feel sticky. I do not like to feel sticky.

If I turn on the fan my papers start flying around.

EDIT:
took off my socks. feel a lot better. stripping may continue.

:mag::eyes: