The Taiwan Weather Thread 2020

Not sure why she let herself go like that. I assume it’s the pressures of fame and a bumpy love life.

Actually, it was the treatments she went through to have kids, wrecked havok with her hormones and metabolism.

So thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

As I understand it, that’s just speculation…along with the claims of 7-8 pearl milk teas a day. In any case, it’s not healthy.

Well, it has been a rumor with statements from friends since she was with that Malaysian boyfriend. Actually, it makes more sense than just stuffing herself. The local press would not have been so forgiving otherwise.

And the 7/8 milk pearl teas was a real case, someone managed to give themselves diabetes with that. As well as the g pai daily resulting in serious health complications. But thankfully those are extremes.

It is cold now.

1 Like

The wind picked up in my corner of Taipei. It is indeed cold!

Guy

Cold as it was (5c at 8am here), I still went out for my daily walk around the area as it was at least dry, though it looked like a freezing fog towards Taipei. Not many others out though, there are more when its drizzling rain. Oh, and cloth face masks are good for keeping the face warm too (stifling on a hot day), I was well rugged up with scarf, beanie, winter jacket and 2 more layers under. To think that about 3 months ago I was deliberately taking cold showers after my walk.

I’ve got two La Crosse Technology weather stations as shown below.

I have no idea how they would perform in an apartment setting as I live in a house. Perhaps check their support forums for more info and details.

I like mine. They work very well and I can remotely check the weather at my homes via the Internet app.

1 Like

15:20 on 12/31/2020 - 9.2° right now and very dry at 69% humidity. Crisp and brisk outside.

The coldest temperature today was 7.8° at 06:27am.

But I was in bed and missed out!

Wish there were more days like this :confused:

1 Like

It’s even cold in Kaohsiung. 16 degrees. But tomorrow the sun will return.

Aye, whisky drinking weather.

1 Like

I feel I will be enjoying a wee dram of Ardbeg 10 very soon. If only I could sit by a fireplace. Not a smoker but maybe a pipe would be nice too. Okay, scratch that. My imagination is getting out of control.

3 Likes

How about a wood burning stove?

The wife just asked me to fire it up.

4 Likes

Very nice. I hope you have some scotch to go with that.

1 Like

It’s already around 7 degrees science, and they are expecting another wave to drop the temperature by another degree.

It isn’t over.

Nobody talking about how it’s cold af in the wee hours of the day and then 28c during the day?

Feels like San Francisco weather. This…I am ok with.

Because this thread is about 2020

2 Likes