The Taiwan Weather Thread 2020

Maybe typical Taipei weather has returned.

1 Like

Unfortunately, yeah…

At least this will cool things down a bit, if only for a while. : D

Guy

1 Like

So like…until noon today?

1 Like

I think the typhoon-ish system forming in the ocean must be blowing some precipitation our way or something. It looks like it’s just going to be wet and crappy for most of the next couple weeks.

The morning started with a couple of waves of heavy rain sweeping across Danshui, and now it’s just heavy rain squatting atop us.

Almost no wind, however - unlike much of last week!

It’s cooled down significantly. We were experiencing 36 degree temps around this time of day last week. Now it’s down to 26.

Giving me a headache…must be the pressure drop or something. Who knows. Maybe I’m making shit up.

Oo, just got an alert on my iPhone that there’s a thunderstorm in the area for the next hour. At least the alerts work on my phone - I’ve felt jealous of those who got earthquake alerts when I didn’t. (But, really, alert system? It’s been raining heavily for a couple of hours, and now you tell me it’s going to rain heavily?)

I think I’ll pass on that lunchtime swim today. Unintended shower while walking to the pool; shower before swimming; shower after swimming; unintended shower while walking home from the pool …

Don’t know what it’s like elsewhere around the island, but in Danshui we’ve had a morning with lots and lots of rain - heavier rain than on many of the typhoon days we’ve had over the years! (But still basically no wind.)

It’s positively pissing in the northeast sector of Taipei. Unfortunately, I’ll be venturing out for my victuals shortly.

Luckily for me, we’ve got an in house dorm style cafeteria which serves good grub on Mondays, as it is the Big Boss favorite day to stop by for a bite.

Otherwise, in that kind of weather, you feel very sorry for the poor scooter delivery gang.

Just drove home through it. Supposed to head out for a dentists appointment. That’s in considerable doubt right now. Two hours in the chair vs Netflix and beer…

Foodpanda and their ilk are definitely going to be used and abused this week.

Noticeably cooler in Hsinchu this morning.

Musta had a real frog strangler of a storm over night. A corner of our courtyard is flooded and taped off with orange cones. Never seen that before.

1 Like

Wonderful

2 Likes

Bit worried about the awful heat wave in Japan. Will we see something like that here?

It didn’t feel very hot at all this morning. There was even a nice, vaguely cool breeze wafting about. Didn’t sweat on my walk to and from the bus stop.

54.4 in Death Valley, California, new world record.

1 Like

My poor pets! :sob:

Another day with a projected high of 37 in Taipei City. Watch out folks!

Guy

1 Like

Quite different in the South 25.4 in Kaoshuing now at 9am.

1 Like