The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

Wonderful day today. Breezy, low humidity, cool wind.

8 Likes

Yup, pretty much as good as it gets, although I guess if you want to relax on the beach and go swimming it’d be a bit cool. Looks like more of the same tomorrow, which is great, because tomorrow I’ll have more time to enjoy it!

19.5° at 23:45. Another blue ribbon day. Shit for traditional surfing due to the high winds, but my kite boarding pals we’re ripping it up!

2 Likes

After the front view, the rear view was such a disappointment. I’m talking about the kite surfers, of course. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I really have to get on a board again… But 15-20knots is a bit lame. I love those 35-40 knots days - then you can boost and not just troll ride around…
Penghu often has nice winds - but I feel October is the best time (in winter too cold, right now good winds usually with cold weather / storm front = gusty as fuck) but haven’t been actually kiting here yet. Oh really wanna travel freely again and hit Cape Town or Brazil for some nice boost.

:cloud_with_rain: Heavy Rain Advisory

Issue Time: 2021/04/22 09:35

1. Keelung North Coast, New Taipei City Mountain Area, Yilan County

Heavy Rain Advisory in effect from late this morning (04/22) through tonight (04/22)

3 Likes

Rain relief could be on the way:

2 Likes

A good morning for most as we need the rain (In Kaoshuing it been a light rain since Sunday more moderate this morning)

9 Likes

Fuck yeah!

I hope the sudden rain in the south doesn’t cause any problems though. Usually rain is better and safer when it’s not too much at once.

2 Likes

Yes South need more water

2 Likes

I had to hike up to 3000 meters in it. Tbh I think I brought the rain with me to the south. Ten minutes after we started hiking on Sunday it started.

I am the rain king.

6 Likes

Hey dude, who do you think you are, the rain king or something?

2 Likes

Oh we’re not allowed to whinge about the rain, because we need it or something or other. Guess I’ll move on then.

1 Like

Hi I’m Henderson. I am the reign king.

1 Like

This is great news for our water situation. That weather map is looking good as well because I’m heading to Orchid Island tomorrow.

2 Likes

I saw what you did there. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

It’s only good if it keeps raining for a week.

1 Like

Flight or ferry?

If the latter: from Fugang or Kenting?

Always curious about these things!

Guy

How long will it be before people start whining about continuous raining.

2 Likes

Ferry from Fugang. I’m too nervous to fly on the small plane.

I’ve been there once before and took the ferry, no problem. I took motion sickness medicine, closed my eyes, and listened to my headphones so I didn’t get sick. The headphones really helped to drown out the sound of the other passengers vomiting.

3 Likes