The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

I need cooler temp to be able to work anyways. Otherwise it’s evening only work.

Yeah we have had some brain frying heat lately.

And stupid me went for a bike ride in it! :upside_down_face:

Guy

2 Likes

It was cooler yesterday at noon (25) than Midnight (28), and cooled doown with the rain today too. Summer weather here early.

06/20 13:30 25.8 CLOUDY NE 2 - >30 94 1004.7 29.0 0.0
06/20 13:20 25.8 CLOUDY NE 2 - >30 94 1004.6 29.0 0.0
06/20 13:10 25.8 CLOUDY ENE 2 - >30 94 1004.5 29.0 0.0
06/20 13:00 25.8 CLOUDY ENE 2 4 >30 94 1004.6 29.0 0.0
1 Like

It started raining up here on the north coast around 6:45pm. Not too hard, but a nice relaxing and cooling rain. Feels great.

3 Likes

Yep, we have persistent rain… barely requiring an umbrella. I am not impressed. This is not the mei yu I know and love.

Where are you? In South, we are getting our normal heavy summer rains.

Up North…

Either drizzle or cloudy. I do love temps have gone down. No 24/7 sweating…for now.

Mosquitoes are back.

10 million to have reduced rates.

3 Likes

:hot_face:

4 Likes

This COVID-19 thing is just a trial run for future large-scale action and coordination.

How do you think we are doing? :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

I am slightly concerned as in northern regions of the planet the heat is already unbearable.

Hope we do not see such temperatures as in Canada… especially since I have no AC.

It hit 47 degrees here in Portland at 4pm yesterday (Monday). I went outside briefly and the heat was withering, apocalyptic. Streets deserted. Even the mad dogs and Antifa were gone. By 9pm the temperature had dropped to 24 degrees and with a slight wind it was almost chilly.

To wit:

Guy

I’m near Seattle, and the 40+ degree heat yesterday was awful, even without high humidity. Even the hummingbirds that usually feed outside my back door were out of sight. In my group at work, where almost all office staff are working from home, most don’t have A/C but some have a basement to take refuge in (we have both, so we had friends move in). A few decided to just go into the office. Others grabbed their laptops and headed to libraries, community centers and Starbucks. Senior managers were reminded to check in with their groups and make sure they were OK, especially older staff.

1 Like

Cicadas chanting up a storm these nights. Feels like being back home in a tropical rainforest.

Is it a couple of degrees hotter today? Or is it just the enormous amount of masala tea I’ve drunk this morning. This fan is not blowing hard enough regardless.

Where you getting your masala tea from?

Forin mart. That is actually a place by the way! Down near the arena (xiaojudan).

2 Likes