The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

This priest wasn’t here too in 1962.

4 Likes

Anyone who arrived here by boat should be given nationality ipso facto.

That’s me. I arrived by boat.

1 Like

legal one?

The tough job working at the weather station in Yushan…at -14 degrees.

4 Likes

Macau to Kaohsiung. Pretty legit.

1 Like

Naturally formed boats don’t count.

4 Likes

A nice dry, cool morning with low humidity up on the north coast. The sun is trying to come through the high clouds.

Here are some more snow pictures from Saturday January 9th. I tried uploading on Saturday evening, but something was wrong with the Forumosa server and I couldn’t get them up until now.

Summary

3 Likes

Did you get all the gear through undetected?

Sweet as. Half a kilo of china white and a suitcase of Nepalese hash disguised as Afghan camel shit.

3 Likes

Eh guys and remaining gals: incoming third cold front of the month…so far. Low of 4 degrees expected.

半個月內連3波寒流「史無前例」 氣象專家:北台灣今晚再降溫、明晨低溫探4度 | 熱門 - Yahoo奇摩行動版

https://tw.mobi.yahoo.com/home/半個月內連-3-波寒流史無前例-氣象專家北台灣今晚再降溫明晨低溫探-4-度-004549652.html

The old Macmosa, Took it two times; the fist time was very flat and calm, a really nice ride. The second time a storm was brewing in the South China Sea…

3 Likes

Glorious weather today! Did everyone get out for a nice walk?

Summary

3 Likes

Yes, but in my case it was in the morning before the fog burned off. Next few days looks good, if a tad cold in the early morning.

I feel a 24 hour virus hitting around about Thursday night/ Friday morning.

I got food poisoning. Who the hell gets food poisoning in winter?! From vegetarian food?!!! Dunno if it rains or shines outside, just that it is cold indoors.

I blame the cold water. Indirectly: right now hand-washing friggin’ hurts, and renders hands almost inoperable for 15 minutes afterwards. It’s likely the hands in kitchens aren’t as clean as they usually are.

Good luck with the recovery.

Lovely thought. But the only one the doctor blames for not washing hands properly is me. Ugh.

I end up like a sandwich between cats and dog. Can’t move. All up Northern Taiwan will be under 6 degrees, the news said. Under 19 rest of Taiwan. Crank up the heaters.

Oh. Oops. Um, well … best wishes! (The cat currently asleep on my legs is about to be annoyed when I get up.)

Another perfect day. High of 17° and warmer in the sun. 13km walk along the coast.

Summary

8 Likes