The Taiwan Weather Thread 2021

Bobby loves rolling in the dirt trails in Daan Park. I do not love brushing clouds of dust off him when I get home.

They were showing a lake in Chicago I think, completely dry. They drove an SUV all the way to the center of the lake.

I think it is this one:

It is going to be a long, hot summer.

Horror. What happened?

1 Like

Details, please. What are these numbers?

Air quality index currently in Taipei. In the 150s is very very bad. At that level in many countries recommendation to stay inside and avoid physical exercise.

2 Likes

Thanks for the scoop. Can you also provide me with a link where you get this data? Is it on the Central Weather Bureau website?

So, I thought the haze was just a simple temperature inversion (fog).

Do we know if it’s an early sandstorm coming down from the Gobi or if it’s factory pollution from China or our own industries?

1. Allegedly from China, although of course China is always a convenient scapegoat for anything
  1. The data is from here:
2 Likes

I cycled to work this morning and then completely regretted my decision once I saw the pollution at rush hour.

1 Like

I’m dying here. Even with a mask on, this pollution is killing me.

Like, not even the app minced words.

1 Like

Those are awful air index
It’s like us in our calif fires

And to make it worse, our air quality is usually a lot better than Taipei. So you can imagine how bad it was downtown.

This weather I think is making me S.A.D.

Been feeling really good lately. I actually enjoyed a few days of rainy weather and fog kind of getting into the mood.

But but but today I can’t even seem to even find a good song to listen.

1 Like

It’s just got very weird out there. Black as night and winds swirling like some banshees. What the fuck is going on? #endofdaze

2 Likes

Huge wind and pounding rain up here on the north coast. My little farm is flooding! Good excuse not to go outside today!

2 Likes

Dammit.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LegalIdleAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

3 Likes

Likewise in my area, I went out for my morning walk in the Fog, and unlike the other day when the fog thinned and let the sun shine within an hour or so, this time it got darker, and then wet - just as the “House Manager” rang me to tell me that the weather didn’t look good. I hightailed it back home, just in time to beat the heavy rain.

Do not worry Northern Forumosans. This too shall pass. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Pretty early for the plum rains innit?

Oh I had forgotten about those…

Non stop rain in Xindian and it feels a bit chilly. One dog, 4 cat in bed weather. Stay in bed weather.

Feel bad about calling UberEats but heck if I am cooking either.

1 Like