The Taiwan Weather Thread 2022

Rookie mistake. Never leave home without it (at least in northern Taiwan)!

Guy

4 Likes

I’m not sure what this means exactly (longest streak of this year’s plum rains? Of this year any rain? Of any plum rains ever?). But it sounds bad.

3 Likes

It was, felt like a total newbie. Picked up some sour cream and then just carried on with my business.

5 Likes

Wait, what, you found the holy grail?

2 Likes

It’s what we’re all here for. Well except those who are dairy intolerant that is.

Bloody hell!

I suppose at least now we have some stats to back up our feelings—that this weather, subjectively speaking, sucks donkey balls. :neutral_face:

Guy

3 Likes

30 years I been a searching

Weather is OK today, some clouds and some blue sky

4 Likes

Let’s just say that Taipei does not quite look like the above photo right now. It looks more like this:

Source: CNA, via some random Taiwan News article I found online somewhere using google.

Guy

5 Likes

What year is this? :sweat_smile:

Kaohsiung City市 morning

2 Likes

Enjoy the nice hot weather and low humidity this fabulous Sunday at 白沙灣.

7 Likes

Hope you guys are alright up there, at least you can finally dry your clothes! I’ve been mostly staying in because of the heat, but no alerts for us I guess because it is normal here?

Heat alerts issued for parts of northern, eastern Taiwan - Focus Taiwan

4 Likes

Normal summer weather, to be honest.

1 Like

Where are the close-ups of bikini-clad beach-goers?
You need a stronger telephoto lens.

2 Likes

Coming soon…stay tuned.

3 Likes

Sunday June 19, 2022

7 Likes

The thunders and rays we see from my office in Taipei are getting scarier by the minute!

Looks like heavy rain is on the way!

2 Likes

Sky just opened up here. It was really weird…when the thunder first started, the sky was blue.

2 Likes

I’m seeing that it’ll all be over at around 5 or earlier. The air will probably be better as a result.

3 Likes