The Taiwan Weather Thread 2023

-1°C in Datunshan. And windy. Cold feet.

I much prefer this to summer temperatures.

8 Likes

Forgot to mention that there were a lot of cars in the Erziping parking around sunrise time. Well, some of them were outside of the paying zone, with people inside. I guess they were hoping for snow to fall but didn’t want to pay the fare, because there were still some parking spots.

All the way to the top. Good on ya mate! See any snow?

Now for a real challenge. Head straight down the stairs and over the hills to Taipei!

1 Like

Of course. Standard behavior.

0 snow. I don’t think we’re going to be lucky this time.

1 Like

Xindian will get snow this year, I can bet on it. Yangmingshan is a given, considering the current extremely cold conditions up in Northern countries.

1 Like

Pingtung, from coastal lowlands can see the central hills pretty well today. Nice warm afternoon about 25. Enjoy the last few days of the holiday !

4 Likes

Holy Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat it’s cold in Taipei this morning. Coldest I have woken to yet. And the forecast is for temps to start dropping at noon!

2 Likes

I’ve been fine in our apartment because of heating and reasonable insulation. But I just hung up laundry, and oof, yeah, it’s cold out there.

2 Likes

Are those dark clouds, or is that some epic filth in the air rolling into the Taipei basin? :grimacing:

Guy

1 Like

What are you talking about. I don’t see anything.

6 Likes

Rather dense fog (?) in Danshui right now, but we’ve seen that burn off a bunch of mornings earlier this week.

However, the air quality forecast for today is dire (map is readings as of 8am):

1 Like

Right! As soon as the wind direction shifts to the northeast, the filth level in the air leaps up. Perhaps what I’m seeing on the edge is a glimpse of what’s coming later today.

Guy

2 Likes

Fog in cities become smog sooner than later.

1 Like

Dense fog in Yingge at dawn too, starting to thin out now, even the sun can be seen as a white ball.

My air cleaners have gone from their normal indicators of 2 to a staggering 12 this morning and they hover around 10-12. Definitely some shit in the air today and I live way up on the north coast where the air is cleaner.

Definitely dirty air or possibly fine particulate sand coming down across the ocean from Mongolia.

2 Likes

So, it appears that my air cleaners have been correct.

Must be a sand storm coming across,

The air quality is better in Tanshui by a lot!

At 18:00 tonight! And it’s raining big time!

Sorry. I didn’t post English initially.

Not good at 18:16. And we keep our doors and windows closed.

3 Likes

I noticed at one point earlier today only Shimen was red - everything else in the north was orange or yellow. But now there’s lots of red all over the north.

2 Likes

Worse at 22:00. Perhaps because the rain just stopped?

1 Like