The Taiwan Weather Thread

'[quote=“Dr_Milker, post:1745, topic:84854”]
Well, it’s heading in that direction but not quite there yet…California.[/quote]
Oh. Technically, (as this is a weather site), California is not a country, but rather part of a country that is a four-syllable word starting with ‘A’, that we dare not speaketh its name. And it doesn’t rhyme with ‘hole’

Well, in my defense, I never called it a country, although a lot of Californians seem to think it is (or should be). There’s even a plan for a vote in 2019 on California’s secession from the country that can’t be named. I can attest to the fact that California does have its own weather, though…some of the best in the world in my opinion (a cool summer Mediterranean climate where I hail from). That seems to be the best thing going for the state these days.

That would be cool. I can see how that might catch on.

California’s weather, is, i guess, a bit like large parts of Australia: dry, low humidity. Our ‘typhoons’ are bushfires and they also seem to be ramping up with global warming. Indeed, i noticed that there is a big wildfire outbreak in California right now, and evidence suggests it’s getting more extreme

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/wildfires-west-have-gotten-bigger-more-frequent-and-longer-1980s

Jeepers, I thought the whole Crocodile Dundee temperature-dick-swinging deal was a FNG thing.
How long you been on-island, Doc?
You hit your 1 year yet?

Hey, I’m from Canada, and 16 degrees here in north Taiwan feels cold. The whole I-am-sweating-but-hey-I-am-also freezing thing totally messes me up!

Guy

1 Like

Just a few decades, and unfortunately, it only keeps getting warmer and warmer. Believe me, it would take a temperature much lower than 16 degrees to keep the dick from swinging. Maybe raccoon dick has a higher melting point?

Quite the contrary, as it turns out.
But thanks for thinking of me all the same.

Interesting. That bone has a very graceful curve to it. Is that a flaw or a feature? No, don’t tell me. We seem to be straying from the weather topic.

They just turned on the AC. And here I was enjoying our sauna at 30 degrees.

Is it 23 or 25 outside? Hope I won’t catch a cold.

BTW, there is a hurricane forming over Central America. Bye bye early Christmas decorations. Hello global warming.

I don’t know why, but yesterday I started to sneeze without control, and I’ve been doing so and with running nose until now. Yesterday I thought that it could be just an allergy episode, but now I’m thinking that this feels more like a cold… probably produced by the overuse of the freakin’ AC at the office (and nto only at the office).

Don’t feel very well right now :frowning:

Note: still wondering if it’s allergy… has anybody else felt allergic these days?

In Taiwan it’s common to have a cold and allergy at the same time.

Really.

Welcome to Taiwan and enjoy the fruits of our bountiful climate.

To be sure I often take both cold and allergy medication, although not necessarily at the same time.

It’s also common to have allergies develop into a cold (or throat or sinus infection).

There’s definitely been a weird bug making the rounds lately. It’s knocked a number of the people in my office flat. It starts with a runny nose or scratchy throat, and then turns into a full-blown cold/flu complete with green slime. I got off with just the scratchy throat, but it took like a week to go away.

I’m at the tail-end of it …that’s exactly how it went for me…lovely!

Well… I had some itchness in the palate the past days, and that made me think of allergy. Running nose, clogged right ear and sneezing like a mofo is where I’m now.

I am coughing (only at night) for 2 consecutive night and don’t know why.
Not coughing on day time is’t sign of getting old ? :disappointed_relieved:

Then I had this chinese herb sticky liquid in sachet from 711 then i mixed it with luke warm water then coughing was gone.

Need to buy these again or probably will try honey and luke warm water before going to bed.

Pipagao. Buy the large bottle. When we arrived here, we used to chug it like beer.

I’m sorry to be the harbinger of bad news. I’ve checked WedMD for possible causes of night coughing: among the results are Plague, West Nile virus and Tuberculosis.

:praying:

Propper cold now…

I’m a week in and still coughing…you’re fecked :slight_smile: