The Teacher Act

I teach a lot of elementary students. I find that they have to be quite rigorously disciplined in order to make the classroom a congenial place for learning. Thing is I usually end up parodying myself for effect. In other words, I lack discipline. So I’m questioning the effectiveness of my ‘act.’

How do you act in the classroom? How do you think it makes or breaks a class?

[quote=“trubadour”]I teach a lot of elementary students. I find that they have to be quite rigorously disciplined in order to make the classroom a congenial place for learning. Thing is I usually end up parodying myself for effect. In other words, I lack discipline. So I’m questioning the effectiveness of my ‘act.’

How do you act in the classroom? How do you think it makes or breaks a class?[/quote]

That’s the essence of your job. Acting like x to produce y outcomes.

[quote=“trubadour”]I teach a lot of elementary students. I find that they have to be quite rigorously disciplined in order to make the classroom a congenial place for learning. Thing is I usually end up parodying myself for effect. In other words, I lack discipline. So I’m questioning the effectiveness of my ‘act.’

How do you act in the classroom? How do you think it makes or breaks a class?[/quote]

Google “procedures” in education. Get the book, “The first day of school” by Harry Wong. Lots of great classroom management advice.