The Terminal Bar & Grill in Neihu

Neihu doesn’t really have a lot of choices for eating or drinking, so I was very happy to see a new bar and grill open up called The Terminal.
I was one of their first customers, so the menu was still a bit limited, but what they had was good. The place has a sports-pub feel to it with 3 large screen tv’s and a 2-for1 cheesburger special the night I went. Looking forward to returning for the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and some Poutine.

The Terminal
349 Neihu rd. Sec 2 (near the hospital)
(02) 2794-8052
Hours: 6pm - 2am everyday

i checked out the terminal a few days ago, the food was awesome – didn’t encounter any problems with the menu, either. good place for sports, drinking and food.

I went there last week for lunch. Wasn’t bad.

seems they got a good review in the Taipei Times today.

I’ve been going to the place quite regularly, and it is definitely not bad. I’ve been in Neihu for a few years now and it’s great to have a foreigner pub there. But I thiink the place needs some loyal customers to survive. There must be a reason why Neihu pubs are rare…! SO GET OUT THERE AND DRINK DURING THE WEEK! IT’S FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

i have been there recently and the food was really OK.
great value. the owner is a nice guy.

I have not been yet, but I work in Neihu and might check it out for lunch one day.
I am a bit skeptical though…

This is a quote from the Taipei Times review:

Garlic bread with chili??? Whatever happened to cornbread? My dad mad some of the best cornbread ever, miss the stuff. Anywhere in Taipei you can get good chili and cornbread?

Don’t have a map handy, but can give reasonable directions. Neihu Rd Sec 2 runs by Bihu lake (sic) and connects Neihu Rd Sec 1 to Jinlong Rd. Basically the place is west of Chen Gong Rd sec 3, behind Da’an department store. Address is 349 Neihu Rd Sec 2, phone number is 2794-8052.

Thanks, BigJohn! We just got back from there. Had a very good cheeseburger with GREAT flavored fries, a draft Carlsberg pint, and chicken breasts (a tad dry) with very good mashed potatoes, all for $530 or something like that. Not too shabby! The upstairs is non-smoking until 11pm, btw. Joe, the owner, is a very nice guy too.

I’d STRONGLY recommend checking this place out if you live in Neihu, Donghu or Xizhi. The specials are really really good value too – $100 for some beers on Tues., $10 wings on Mon., and HALF-PRICE BURGERS on Wed. (reg. $200, only $100 for a good cheeseburger with a big-ass plate of excellent fries dipped in flavored batter – that’s a steal, folks)! Honestly, I hope everyone goes there because I’d like this place to stay in business. Hell, $200 is a great value for that burger and fries even when it’s not on special!

Hey Maoman, maybe we could do a happy hour there? :slight_smile:

Anyway, it’s not hard to find. Coming up Chenggong Rd. around Dahu Lake from Donghu (e.g., Alleycat’s Neihu), turn right on Jinlong Rd. (just before De-An Dept. Store), then left on Neihu Rd. If you’re already at De-An, go to the alley just east of the dept. store, and walk north past 2 alleys (one large, one small); Neihu Rd. is the 3rd. Turn left, and walk a minute or so, and it will be on your right.

Here’s a map I just threw together. Neihu Rd. Sec. 2 is in bright red:

the place really needs more people to go there.
but like i said before: the food is really good and you get a great value for your money!
and the homemade mashed potatoes are really good as DB said, and especially a nice extra since you get fries everywhere. :wink:

there is also happy hour from 6 - 8 pm where beer is half price. dunno if everyday or only on weekend.

This place sounds really good, any restaurant run by a guy named Joe Cook must be good. I’d like to try it, but is there any public transportation from Taipei City that goes near there for us non-car owners?

Sure! The place is within walking distance of the De-An Dept. Store (de2 an1 bai3 huo4), where lots of buses stop.

EDIT: No fewer than SEVEN buses also stop right in front of the bar (ok, next door, actually): 247 521 552 267 278, 小2 (S2) and 小3 (S3). The stop is called Bi4hu2 guo2xiao3 碧湖國小 I think.

I’ll add the ones that stop in front of DeAn later. I measured it today, and DeAn is a mere 250 meters from the Terminal, a very short walk.

BTW, tonight is half price burgers – a big, high-quality cheeseburger and a huge plate of thick, seasoned fries for a ridiculously low NT$100. It’s downright unreasonable!

Dragonbones wrote:

[quote]Sure! The place is within walking distance of the De-An Dept. Store (de2 an1 bai3 huo4), where lots of buses stop.

EDIT: No fewer than SEVEN buses also stop right in front of the bar (ok, next door, actually): 247 521 552 267 278, 小2 (S2) and 小3 (S3). The stop is called Bi4hu2 guo2xiao3 碧湖國小 I think.

I’ll add the ones that stop in front of DeAn later. I measured it today, and DeAn is a mere 250 meters from the Terminal, a very short walk. [/quote]

Thanks Dragonbones, as always you are a valuable source of information and help in this forum. Does anyone know if any of these buses can be caught on Civil Boulevard or somewhere near it?

Sounds great! According to the recent TT Review:

I am a wing man so am particularly interested in these. Anyone try them yet?

Thanks again Dragonbones, very helpful.

[quote=“Ktownboy”]
The Terminal
349 Neihu Rd. Sec 2 (near the hospital)
(02) 2794-8052
Hours: 6pm - 2am everyday[/quote]

Er, their namecard says 6pm-2am on Sat. & Sun., but noon to 2am Mon. - Fri.

EDIT: Ktownboy is correct; as of just this past week, they’ve changed their hours to 6p-2a daily.

10nt wings tonight sounds good.
I might just check them out.

So I went there on Monday night for the Wings special.
Specifically, you have to get a pitcher of Carlesburg, and then you can order up to 30 wings, at 10nt each.
If you get there between 6-8 (happy hour), the beer is half price.
The wings were fantastic, and so was the burger/mashed potatoes.
The owner, Joe Cook, was very friendly and easy going and a pleasure to talk to. (really!)
I didn’t go upstairs, so I’m not sure what it’s like, but it was pretty cozy (small) downstairs.
I wish there was a place like this down in Muzha, because it’s a long drive up there.
Oh, and they don’t do lunch anymore. Not enough walk in business.
Hope that changes, they’ve only been open 3 months.

Went there two nights ago at about 9.30 pm to find it closed with a for lease sign covering the Terminal name sign, can anyone confirm one way of the other if it really has gone.

The owner said nothing about it possible closing last time i was there so i am a little surprised to say the least.

It’s closed for now.
I talked to the owner on Wednesday night and he told me about it.
He was hopeful someone else would take over and get it up again within the week, but wasn’t sure it would happen.

wow thats bad news. havent been there a lot recently, but like 2 or 3 weeks ago all was still open when i walked by (round 7pm).

but (unfortunately) i am not surprised in case they really gave up the business there.
first they close for lunch hour and only for dinner with the sports bar concept will not be enough to cover the costs. :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear that! :frowning: I was hoping to go there again soon.