Foreign woman

Foreign spouse

fellow countrymen

a foreign tenant

a foreign woman surnamed Chang (張)

fellow countrymen

Chang is the foreign spouse of a Taiwanese citizen

foreign spouse

I wonder where she’s from, this Chang woman. Foreignerland? Are we her countrymen as well?

13 Likes

Statistically she is most likely Vietnamese.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking too, but it was more of a comment about the shitty writing.

6 Likes

K-man writes with the mentality of a Taiwanese

4 Likes

Because it is based on the report from ETtoday.

3 Likes

Lmao, k-man plagiarized the shit out of ETtoday

5 Likes

I might get in trouble too. I’ve been offering free rent to English teachers.

He linked it as the source.
Quick translation. Article done. It’s Friday.

3 Likes

Sounds like world’s worst scam.

1 Like

It’s for those that appreciate the lost art of austerity :rofl:

1 Like

Keoni… what a shock.

3 Likes

I dunno, I feel like giving a source doesn’t make blatantly translating an article, almost word for word not plagiarism

maybe this discussion should be moved over to the k-man thread

2 Likes

I can’t imagine how the scammer believes they can get away with that. It will take the court long time to do a judgement. But at the end of it the scammer have to pony up for the damages (lost income/restoration) + lawyer fees.
And then they pull the ‘I am being discriminated against’ card to prolong the inevitable.

I meant @pinoco’s “scam” :slight_smile: But yeah, hard to understand a lot of things people do.

If she had just paid the landlord she probably could have kept her scheme going for a long time and earned a decent amount of money

3 Likes

Good scheme, but why was she so short sighted and refused to pay rent? She could have kept the scheme going for 5 years.

1 Like

By the sound of it she is still going with the scheme. The owner can’t do anything until the appeal is heard. Would probably be easier to report her to the tax office for tax evasion on the $55,000 a month she’s making.

Assuming the home owner pays tax as well. :innocent:

3 Likes

$21000 a month for five apartments??