The TikTok is an Evil Cult Thread

Just sayin–

Emails in my work inbox. Keep yer eyes open. Yay Friday. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Didnt US President Tump already talk about shithole countries and not wanting their leftovers??

I think yer kind of missing the point. Like I am missing yours, so I assume you’re missing the point of dangerous and overwhelming weaponized technology in the form of social media. But hey, I have to go to work now and maybe, if we’re lucky, we can pick this conversation up laters.

1 Like

So, three school in the area were closed due to follow up threats. Hundreds of kids opted out of going to classes in my school.

Not a single article I’ve see on what a fucking burden TT is to the world in general. But there is this:

https://archive.ph/OJOMh

‘The Corpse Bride Diet’: How TikTok Inundates Teens With Eating-Disorder Videos

1 Like
1 Like

That’s pretty sad.

Chinese government is for sure using TikTok to brain wash American kids.

1 Like

Very sad indeed.
She probably had some problems emotionally/psychologically before (some of) her TikTokers may have pushed her over the edge.

TikTok fame is inviting millions of wieners into your life and then feeling an obligation to them. Seems awful.

1 Like

Come on…

Blaming TT is like blaming video games or movies for the failings of humans.

Watch jacksepticeye talk about that with YouTube, it’s pretty raw and entertaining.

I’m not in the video game or the film, and the game and the film do not depend on my projecting anything into it. TT is a very different critter.

1 Like

Regardless, it’s something that was already there, be it nature or nurture. No sense blaming anything else except the true source.

Now they are going after VR headsets. I got a few of them for my kids this Christmas in fact. Really wonderful devices IMO.

Are people, none that I know personally, blaming or criticizing what it is we are discussing?

Tiktok is foir sure total shit . The question isnt there perhaps. Maybe the pressing matter is why are so many people wasting their lives on that shit?

Be it tiktoc, facebook, twitter, instagram, tv ,movies, games, whatever. We just simply found a way to make heroin digital, thus overcoming the logistics hurdles of the opium trade.

And like heroin, we can easily choose not to sign up.

That’s a good question. It’s the first world curse of leisure time and idiotic technology. We don’t even get a pellet of food for swiping.

Carr’s letter, dated June 24 on FCC letterhead, said if the Apple and Alphabet do not remove TikTok from their app stores, they should provide statements to him by July 8.

It won’t happen so soon. Still need FCC vote on it.
And Biden admin allowed WeChat to come back to U.S. a few weeks ago, after Trump admin had banned it.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure where to put this because it overlaps with so much current-year dumbfuckery, but I think some of the crustier members of forumosa will enjoy watching a couple of crusty old(ish) men taking the piss out of mentally-ill teenagers for 20 minutes.