The train derailment case

No, you are the one who said the man was guilty. You go to your source and present your evidence here. (It should be quite easy for you since you seem to know all the facts already).

Did anyone notice the dead man’s father, on TV and in papers photo, he looks Aboriginal, not Han Chinese? Maybe Dutch? Nose was different shape than Han Chinese nose… yes no?

point??

He is a moslem from north-western China, i.e a Hui.

He is a moslem from north-western China, i.e a Hui.[/quote]

Interesting.

No point, above, was just curious.

apparently, Mr Lee, RIP, was married three times. His first wife was Taiwanese, they had two kids. Then divorced. oldest kid is 1o now. then he married second wife, Vietnamese, poison snake bite RIP. Then married 3rd wife Vietnamese train crash RIP. This is a soapy opera…

So he’s guilty because of this? I hope the cops have better stuff than this.

Much, much better, among which is that it took him three tries or two test runs before he successfully executed the murder of his third wife. He was with the poor woman on three successive track-sabotage derailments before he effected his scheme of bumping her off and making it look as if she had been killed in the accident. The only thing that’s not clear is whether the first two times were trial runs to perfect the details of the plan, or simply didn’t work out well enough for him to complete its commission.

Mere coincidence, Juba? Or a sinister plot by those nefarious prosecutors who found some means to put the couple on those three trains as part of their elaborate scheme to concoct a case against him? I’m sure your fertile imagination could find some way to explain it away, with as straight a face as your pan-blue counterparts maintain when claiming that A-bian shot himself.

Anyway, this fact alone would be sufficient for any judge or jury in the world to convict him of murder if the case were competently presented by the prosecuting counsel or his equivalent – as long as there weren’t too many Jubas on the jury (the kind of juryman I used to love when I was defending, because you know they are always going to side with the defendant regardless of the weight of evidence against him, but the kind who have now convinced me that the jury system is hopelessly flawed and needs to be scrapped). And there’s plenty more damning evidence to back that up (but no, Juba, I have neither the time nor inclination to spell it all out for you just because you refuse to remove your blinkers and find it for yourself).

The only thing I’d give the murderer any credit for is that it was a highly original and imaginative plan. I’m sure it could be turned into a riveting crime novel or movie. But as I’m with those who consider pre-meditated murder for financial gain a deeply heinous crime, his ingenuity does not weigh very heavily in his favour and I cannot but frown at the likes of his Juban and PFP apologists.

Omniloquacious, I politely asked how you came to have such an “insiders assurance” of what was what on this case. Did you miss my post? It is up about 5 or 6 posts from this one.

Look forward to meeting you sometime and to your reply. It really is a pity how people get on these chat forums and talk about things which they in fact have almost zero knowledge of, isn’t it.
take care,
Brian

Yes, I saw that when I looked at this thread this morning. I didn’t have time to respond to both that and Juba’s right away, but couldn’t desist from tossing out an immediate response to the latter (as such attitudes from those who are not well enough informed to deliver them fill me with consternation and exasperation, largely on account of the damage they can do in spreading misinformation about and undermining the good work of the law enforcement system when that system is actually working pretty well, whether or not that constitutes the norm).

Yes, quite right.

And going back to your earlier post, I am well familiar with your background and current professional activities in Taiwan. I listened with interest a few months back to a discussion on a local Chinese radio station about your book on legal ethics.

No, I am not privy to any confidential information from local prosecutors. I do not move in legal circles in Taiwan, and my barristering days are well behind me. The lawyers I’m acquainted with in Taiwan are mostly senior government officials and politicians who, like me, have moved on from legal practice (and are far too highly positioned for me to quote them directly on a forum such as this).

I shall be glad to have the pleasure of meeting you some day, as long as you promise not to be as fierce as you are when you post, and however much of a barb there may have been in your words (which, however you may have been intended them, I take as a pleasantry compared with the excoriating verbal lashings that I’m used to seeing from you). :wink:

but shouldn’t the prosecuter be charged of misconduct and posibly leading a man to death by revealing his identity to the media? I don’t know the tw law, but I think in my country this is called breaking a justice secret. Unless the guy was properly accused, the prosecution shouldn’t be out on the media throwing names and proofs.

This case is a complete and total bs, no matter if the guy was innocent or not. How can you run an investigation when you don’t even know the difference between loosing $3 million or winning 500.000…

My belief is that if the Monty Pithon where still acting, they could come to TW, stay 2 months, and then they would have at least a new season of sketches to make. Things that happen in this country are so stupid that you can even make them funny.

Although the autopsy report has yet to be officially released, the word is out that it confirms the Vietnamese wife’s death as having been caused by poisoning and not by any injuries sustained in the train wreck.

Now there cannot be the slightest shred of doubt as to his guilt, though there’s still work to be done to identify his accomplices and sew up the case against them.

Even the murderer’s previously yelping family now have nothing more to say in his defence. When questioned by reporters, all they could do was hang their heads in shame and keep their mouths shut.

Will those loathsome PFP legislators kneel before the public and apologise for their appallingly inappropriate display of rabble-rousing cheer-leading for the killer? I won’t be holding my breath in waiting!

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Although the autopsy report has yet to be officially released, the word is out that it confirms the Vietnamese wife’s death as having been caused by poisoning and not by any injuries sustained in the train wreck.

Now there cannot be the slightest shred of doubt as to his guilt, though there’s still work to be done to identify his accomplices and sew up the case against them.[/quote]
“There can be no doubt” because “word is out”??? I really don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Hanging your own head in shame would probably be most suitable, Juba.

I know you’re basically a good bloke, and I’ve always felt well disposed toward you and stood by you when you’ve ruffled feathers on this forum before, but I really think you should take off your blinkers and look facts in the face before you post nonsense that can serve no purpose but mischief and only make you look ridiculous.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Although the autopsy report has yet to be officially released, the word is out that it confirms the Vietnamese wife’s death as having been caused by poisoning and not by any injuries sustained in the train wreck.

Now there cannot be the slightest shred of doubt as to his guilt, though there’s still work to be done to identify his accomplices and sew up the case against them.

Even the murderer’s previously yelping family now have nothing more to say in his defence. When questioned by reporters, all they could do was hang their heads in shame and keep their mouths shut.

Will those loathsome PFP legislators kneel before the public and apologise for their appallingly inappropriate display of rabble-rousing cheer-leading for the killer? I won’t be holding my breath in waiting![/quote]

Bingo!

So his written remark in his suicide note that he was taking the rap while the real perpatrator was going free (his brother, maybe?) was very…revealing.

Yup, this case looks about wrapped up. [Almost typed warped up].

[quote=“Cola”]…Mr Lee in his suicide confession note blamed another man as being the real perpetrator of the accident and blamed that man for trying to push the BLAME on Lee. But was definitely involved. He killed himself because was guilty…Those tears by his friends and union officials, although sincere, were crocodile tears. Lee was majorly involved. It’s a sad story all around.

MONEY QUOTE: According to APPLE DAILY newspaper report, Lee in his letters accused the “real perpetrator*” of “letting him take the rap.”

RED FOR REVENGE GHOST: When a fruit grower discovered Lee’s body around six o’clock yesterday morning, Lee was dressed in a red T-shirt. According to local folklore, by wearing red at the time of suicide, the innocent will gain the power to come back as a vindictive ghost to seek revenge on his offenders.[/quote]

Soap opera, drum roll, fade to black…

Try actually presenting some facts (with sources to back them up) and I’ll look at them from all angles.

Try actually presenting some facts (with sources to back them up) and I’ll look at them from all angles.[/quote]

[Inoffensive but entirely civil and gently mocking sentence censored.]

[i][Inoffensive but entirely civil and gently mocking sentence censored[Inoffensive but entirely civil and gently mocking sentence censored.]

Harold Shipman was innocent, wasn’t he! None of his so-called victims ever actually stood up in court and identified him as their killer. :laughing:

[Inoffensive but entirely civil and gently mocking sentence censored.]

Anyway, thanks for the good laugh to get my day off to a jolly start. And BTW, “blah” should be spelt with an aitch on the end. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[P.S.: For some reason which I can barely fathom, this post was tampered with and altered so that it not only contained poor English but also became rather nonsensical. I have therefore had to cut out the altered parts. I’m truly sorry to see censorship rearing its ugly head on this forum in such a manner.]

Don’t worry, omni, we all knew what you were saying, and the spirit in which you were saying it, we’re all friends here. Juba understands too.

I edited your post thus: changing the use of “You” (=Juba) to “Your Posts” (=Juba’s posts). Obviously, this does not carry the desired effect you wished to convey. Which is precisely the point.

It’s got nothing to do with censorship, and everything to do with following the RULES.

Respectfully,
TheGingerMan
TP Forum Mod