"The typical Briton"

This is too funny to let pass. From Agence France-Presse (AFP) via Yahoo:
story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … upq_photo0

A British hooligan in the streets of Belgium. The typical Briton is polite, witty and phlegmatic, but lacks a certain style and has a dental hygiene issue while having an occasional drinking problem(AFP/EPA/File)

And…that is the actual AFP caption.

I beat you to it…I posted at 10:37. :laughing:

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php … 5&start=30

Fits me to a T. :unamused:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]I beat you to it…I posted at 10:37. :laughing:

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php … 5&start=30[/quote]
Dammit. You’re supposed to be gettling some sleep! :smiley:

Me too, but I really f#$king hate football…

[quote=“MaPoSquid”]This is too funny to let pass. From Agence France-Presse (AFP) via Yahoo:
story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … upq_photo0

A British hooligan in the streets of Belgium. The typical Briton is polite, witty and phlegmatic, but lacks a certain style and has a dental hygiene issue while having an occasional drinking problem(AFP/EPA/File)[/quote]

What’s dental hygiene?

Only in Britain… can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain… do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions, whilst the healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and A DIET coke.

Only in Britain… do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Britain… do we leave thousands of pounds worth of car on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Britain… do we use answering machines to screen our calls and then have call waiting so that we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to speak to in the first place.

Only in Britain… are there disabled car parking spaces in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION…

3 Brits die each year testing a 9-volt battery to see if it works on their tongue. 142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all the pins from new shirts. 58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers. 31 Brits have died since 1996 through watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in. 19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that the Christmas decorations on the tree were chocolate.

British hospitals reported :

4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling accidents.

101 Brits have had broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet since 1999. 18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 by trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth. A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A & E in the last 2 years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth. 5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars.

AND FINALLY… In 2000, 8 Brits cracked their skulls whilst throwing up in the toilet

slinky thanks for those wonderful tidbits, you have helped me understand my British coworkers a great deal more.

Slinky,

That was great.

Slinky, everything above the “not to metion” part of your post was originally scribed as “Only in America…” and I first saw the list four years ago in the student times thing magazine you get at the seven eleven.

Nice try.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Slinky, everything above the “not to metion” part of your post was originally scribed as “Only in America…” and I first saw the list four years ago in the student times thing magazine you get at the seven eleven.

Nice try.[/quote]

Fair enough. But I liked the part below the “not to mention” anyway.

Ticking through the activities, I discovered that I had engaged in about 7 of the 10 dangerous activities mentioned. Lucky to still be alive I guess.

On a separate note, would someone be so kind as to translate “A&E” and “cracker pulling” for those of us who are English-challenged? “A&E” I am guessing means the division of a hostpital where one goes the event of an emergency. “Cracker pulling”… well I suppose I shouldn’t even offer my guess as to what that means – impressionable young people may be reading these boards.

“A&E” …Accidents and Emergencies…

“cracker pulling”…haven’t the foggiest.

I’m not English, but yes, Accident and Emergency and ‘cracker pulling’ is that activity one engages in at Christmas time where you each take one end of a Christmas cracker - being a rolled-up tube wrapped in shiny foil paper containing a too-small paper hat, an exceedingly hoary joke, and usually a cheap plastic toy - and pull, resulting in a loud ‘snap!’ (due, I think, to friction-ignited gunpowdery stuff on a strip running through the cracker) and the possession of aforementioned tube with said contents to one of the parties, who must then don the hat, read out the joke, and break the plastic toy. Do they not have these elsewhere or are they just called something else? We have them in Oz and I’m a sucker for them every year - wouldn’t be Christmas without them.

The not to mention bit is, unfortunately, probably true.

When I was a cop I got a call to a drunk with his dangly bit caught within the metal squares that combine to make a shopping trolley. He was so pissed he decided to sleep in the trolley, but was too drunk to realise his trousers were around his ankles. His widget subsequently got caught and irreversably entangled.

Getting to A&E - trolley and all-required the assistance of the fire brigade. Upon arrival at A&E the nurse said “Oh, not another one!!”

Seems this is a regular occurence. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Crikey! That’ud hurt!

This activity is also practised in nightclubs throughout the British Isles on a weekly basis.

This activity is also practised in nightclubs throughout the British Isles on a weekly basis.[/quote]

I think you’re confusing it with ‘slapper pulling’.

Brian

I don’t think I am. Whereas I’d be more than happy to pull a cracker, it would only be after donning that primitive and largely unreliable form of nightvision, the beergoggles, that I would make such an appalling error of judgment as to pull a slapper. Same gender, different animal.

LMFAO!!! A sucker for a cracker, or a cracker of a sucker??? :smiley: